West Virginia High School Basketball State Semi's

BandanaVTDavis4321

James Monroe was up 19 just a few minutes ago when I checked.  Looks like James Monroe is about to play for another Single A State Title.

The Bluefield Beavers play Chapmanville this evening in the Double A State Semi's.  The Beavers beat em earlier this year by about 9 or 10 points and probably played their best game of the year with that win.  They have their hands full trying to beat a very solid Chapmanville time twice.  If the Beavers win, they play for the Double A State Title.

In Triple A, Shady Spring plays Scott in a semifinal game.  Shady is a tough bunch and the big favorite in this one.  Shady beat James Monroe in a nailbiter earlier in the regular season.

James Monroe wins by about 30 points to advance to the state title game again.  Hopefully, the Beavers can win this evening and make it 6 teams in the coverage area to advance to state title games.  Not a bad run considering Central, Eastside, Carroll County, and George Wythe all played for state titles in Hoops this year.  I'm not counting Radford because I'm not sure if they are in the coverage area or not, but if you count Radford and assuming Bluefield wins, that's 7 teams in the coverage area playing for state titles in basketball.

Shady Spring whips Scott in the AAA semi's and will play Fairmont Sr. in the State Title Game. Fairmont Sr, the football powerhouse who is also good at hoops, was 23-1 on the year. Their only loss? It was to Shady Spring by about 20 points.  Shady is a big favorite in this game. 

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Saturday, March 18th Schedule for West VA State Championships in Hoops. 4 games played

AAAA. 10AM Morgantown vs Parkersburg South

A. 1230PM. James Monroe vs Tucker County

AA. 5PM Chapmanville vs Charleston Catholic

AAA. 7:30PM Shady Spring vs Chapmanville.

Who does Shady play?

Morgantown High Wins the West Virginia AAAA State Title over Parkersburg South 65-58.  These two met in regular season and Morgantown won by 12 points.  Morgantown played Shady Spring in the regular season (Shady is in the AAA title game today) and Morgantown won by 4 points.  How good is James Monroe down in Single A?  James Monroe only lost to Shady Spring by 3 points in regular season, so if we are doing the "compare scores thing" which I know isn't too solid, but it's fun, by score comparison only, James Monroe might be able to hang with any team in the State of West Virginia.  I know...that's a lofty statement, but if going only by scores, they are at least in the ballpark with the Top AAA and Top AAAA schools.

2 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

The Allen kid is about to take over.

Wonder where he'll end up...

I don't know where he'll play, but that kid can play.  James Monroe up 16 mid way through the 3rd quarter.  Allen is clearly a baller, but I'm impressed with their Head Coach Matt Sauvage.  Sauvage is really.....really good man.  You watch JM, and nothing blows you away.  No crazy height.  No crazy speed or quickness, but just incredible movement of players without the basketball and incredible rotation and communication on defense.  Incredible boxing out.  Just absolute textbook basketball fundamentals.  A very solidly coached Single A High School Basketball Team, and you add the WV State Player of the Year, and you get state titles.  Sauvage has his hands full next year as James Monroe loses 4 seniors on this team.