Castlewood Baseball

I was told this afternoon there are some issues with the Baseball team!!  I heard Brian Summers has been released as coach and several players will be suspended for several games.  Something to do with text messages!!  Possible Hazing.   It should come out in the next few days!!

A parent told me no hazing. It was pranking and jokeing in some kind of phone group and a few went to far. This parent said guy pushing is a dad and he does not coach now but he quit because he didn't get to coach jv from middle school. Parent said he is telling he may be the next coach. I thought it sounded like players should have to run til they puuked and clean dug outs a few games.  What a world we live in was what I thought after I heard the story.

13 hours ago, RoundBall1982 said:

A parent told me no hazing. It was pranking and jokeing in some kind of phone group and a few went to far. This parent said guy pushing is a dad and he does not coach now but he quit because he didn't get to coach jv from middle school. Parent said he is telling he may be the next coach. I thought it sounded like players should have to run til they puuked and clean dug outs a few games.  What a world we live in was what I thought after I heard the story.

yeah exactly,  when i was in school we would have had nothing but a practice of exhaustion or puking!!!   why fire Brian though,  he can't control what others do on their phones in their own time!! makes no sense

This isn't the first time that coach has had issues. There was bullying on the basketball team when he was in charge that was so bad a few of the boys quit. Pretty sure he was fired from that job as well.  

I am in the comunity and never heard anything like that but there are always things that happen. Parent that told me was upset about the coach taking the heat. Pretty sure he was the baseball coach before he was roundball coach. I now what people say about assuming but he did not win a game one year then was no longer basketball coach so i think that was why he may have been let go. Which even though he is a likeable guy was understandable.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, RoundBall1982 said:

Daddy ball has destroyed several programs around this area.

1 hour ago, Hokie Bound said:

Daddy ball has destroyed several programs around this area.

i think there is more to it than daddy ball,  as long as the overall population continues to decline so will the athletics programs