Top 5 Returning Players SWVA

Wade_1

Boys Class 2

Radford with 2.

Elijah Kelly 6'7 Guard/Small Forward, Region 2C POY and Three Rivers District POY.  He's got D2 offers so far.  Will likely get small D1 offers (non power conference schools).

Gavin Cormany (coaches son)

Garrett from GC

Ray from Graham

Collins of Wise Central

Kollier Pruett 6'4 PG/SG from Narrows High School is hands down the best player Ive seen in SWVA. He has a couple D1 and D2 offers and there has been a handful of D1 coaches in attendance at NHS this year. (Including Power Conference Schools)

1 hour ago, Oldindian444 said:

Kollier Pruett 6'4 PG/SG from Narrows High School is hands down the best player Ive seen in SWVA. He has a couple D1 and D2 offers and there has been a handful of D1 coaches in attendance at NHS this year. (Including Power Conference Schools)

What schools?

6 hours ago, Oldindian444 said:

Great player.  I wasn't aware he had any D1 offers yet.  I know Concord has offered which is D2.  I think he can play higher than D2, and kind of like Elijah Kelly of Radford, is a "tweener," High Level D2 with ease, and likely non power conference D1 like a Marshall, Old Dominion, etc.  Kid can play.  A Div 1 Power Conference offer would surprise me some, but not having any non-power conference D1 offers by the fall (after summer workouts) would equally surprise me.  Just my opinion though.  Could be wrong.

My brother played against a Pruett from Narrows back in the mid 90's. Really good basketball player. Attempted to play at Radford University if memory serves. Not sure how that turned out but don't think he played very long or very much. 

Any relation? 

22 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My brother played against a Pruett from Narrows back in the mid 90's. Really good basketball player. Attempted to play at Radford University if memory serves. Not sure how that turned out but don't think he played very long or very much. 

Any relation? 

That's his dad

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, Hokie777 said:

What about the Auburn kids?

Loaded again with talent.  Nick Millirons was 1st Team All State and the MED POY.  Coahan Gordon was 2nd Team All State.  Both were juniors and Nick of course, is the coaches son and younger brother of Ethan, who led his team to the state title in the 2021-22 Season and is playing college B-Ball at the D2 level.  Auburn is going to be a handful and if you want to see some fun stuff, go to the George Wythe and Auburn games next winter when these schools will end up playing each other probably 10 times, lol.  Kidding on that, but you could see the 2 regular season games, the district tournament game, the region tournament game, and possibly the state semi game.  No surprise if they play 5 times next year.  Both in bigtime contention to win a state title.  

Auburn and George Wythe played 6 times this past season with GW winning 4 of those matchups. All were tight, competative games decided largely at the foul line. Both return a lot of talent and have talent coming up from the JV ranks as well.

They will both be very good for quite a few years to come I believe. 

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, PackDadx4 said:

Seen with my own eyes today that she was playing with Abingdon varsity girls in team camp. 

On 3/21/2023 at 10:14 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I’d say add the Trivette girl from Richlands to the mix also providing she stays at Richlands. 

Rumor is she and the Reynolds girl are transferring to Abingdon.

Rumor is the Lowe family transferred to Honaker.  

Not sure if Lowe and angry stepdad landed a coaching position at Honaker or Abingdon,  maybe that rumor will come along later. 

4 hours ago, PackDadx4 said:

Seen with my own eyes today that she was playing with Abingdon varsity girls in team camp. 

your eyes were correct!!  they are in the process of transferring to abingdon for next year!!!

2 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Rumor is she and the Reynolds girl are transferring to Abingdon.

Rumor is the Lowe family transferred to Honaker.  

Not sure if Lowe and angry stepdad landed a coaching position at Honaker or Abingdon,  maybe that rumor will come along later. 

pretty sure Lowe is going to abingdon as well!!

13 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

pretty sure Lowe is going to abingdon as well!!

I believe Lowe is going to be assistant football coach at Honaker. Good luck to Abingdon coach if Reynold’s stepdad is allowed in the games, lol. Maybe Abingdon administration is better at quashing unruly fans before things get out of hand. 

35 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe Lowe is going to be assistant football coach at Honaker. Good luck to Abingdon coach if Reynold’s stepdad is allowed in the games, lol. Maybe Abingdon administration is better at quashing unruly fans before things get out of hand. 

yeah thats funny!!!  

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The Trivette girl is a welcome addition to any team, not really sure what the current talent is level is in Abingdon, but the Reynolds girl is no Ansley Trivette. She also brings a bit of baggage in the form of a crazy step dad that cannot sit in the bleachers and watch a game, meaning if she doesn’t start and play a lot, it will be the same shit show, different gym. 

2 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

The Trivette girl is a welcome addition to any team, not really sure what the current talent is level is in Abingdon, but the Reynolds girl is no Ansley Trivette. She also brings a bit of baggage in the form of a crazy step dad that cannot sit in the bleachers and watch a game, meaning if she doesn’t start and play a lot, it will be the same shit show, different gym. 

I’m inclined to think same shit show, different gym. 😂 People like that usually don’t change, maybe he can contain it some but it will eventually surface again.