Head Coach Availability

Wade_1

1 hour ago, Wade_1 said:

List any potential names for opening jobs: 

J.I Burton

Lebanon

Gate City

if there’s anymore list them

Aaron Williams is back at Burton now.  He could take the boys job or the girls coach could take the boys so Williams could coach his daughter’s junior/senior seasons.

Gate city would be a tough place to coach.  After the big 3 you will never live up to the expectations surrounding that job.  Just setting someone up for failure.

If you don’t know who the next head coach at Central is you’ve been living under a rock for the past 20 years.  Money and position gets you everything you want.  

That guy never stood a chance at Central North the same way JRB never stood a chance at Central South   
I mean Gate City. 

As far as the Big 3 are concerned which Big 3 you speaking of?

The Big 3 that run the basketball program, that own the town or the three who played together five years ago?  

It’s ok   You’re correct on all counts  All three of the Big 3 run in the same circles and yes. You will never be as good or live up to the expectations as what is expected by the Big 3.  

It’s funny  You hear all these people talk so much trash on Central for all these years   Yet they have become the very thing they said they would never be.  

Central   

On 5/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

If you don’t know who the next head coach at Central is you’ve been living under a rock for the past 20 years.  Money and position gets you everything you want.  

That guy never stood a chance at Central North the same way JRB never stood a chance at Central South   
I mean Gate City. 

As far as the Big 3 are concerned which Big 3 you speaking of?

The Big 3 that run the basketball program, that own the town or the three who played together five years ago?  

It’s ok   You’re correct on all counts  All three of the Big 3 run in the same circles and yes. You will never be as good or live up to the expectations as what is expected by the Big 3.  

It’s funny  You hear all these people talk so much trash on Central for all these years   Yet they have become the very thing they said they would never be.  

Central   

I know little McAmis will end up the coach at some point, but will it really be next season?  

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

What jobs are left to fill on the boys side?    Lebanon and J.I. Burton?   Who are the favorites for those?

Scotty Boyd got the Lebanon job.

18 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

GOOD!!! I've known Scott a long time. Class act dude and very sharp. He will do well as the Head Coach at Lebanon, and the kids will benefit from him as their Head Coach. 

Honaker/Lebanon will be even more fun than usual this year 

22 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

GOOD!!! I've known Scott a long time. Class act dude and very sharp. He will do well as the Head Coach at Lebanon, and the kids will benefit from him as their Head Coach. 

I don't know the man personally but I do think it was a great hire for Lebanon. Many people credit him for building up the Honaker program and bringing it much success over the past 10-15 years. For those in the know why did Honaker never hire him as the head coach when he was such an intregal part of the program.

22 minutes ago, PackDadx4 said:

Frazier leaving RV girls program for JI Burton boys. RV now on the clock for a coach and a TON of talent for the next three years at least.

I heard that Barry Ruff was interested in RV Girls Job.  He always had Eastside girls playing good.  As a Pack Fan would love to see him get the job. 

9 hours ago, Packman said:

I heard that Barry Ruff was interested in RV Girls Job.  He always had Eastside girls playing good.  As a Pack Fan would love to see him get the job. 

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Dickenson Co hired someone that was fired (asked to resign) from their previous job....

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Dickenson Co hired someone that was fired (asked to resign) from their previous job....

Obviously past behaviors are an indication of future results! 

2 hours ago, PackDadx4 said:

Obviously past behaviors are an indication of future results! 

He does have a creditable track record of success and  that individual is pretty close to retirement. I, also, believe that could curb any unacceptable behavior that possibly removed him from his previous job as he stepped down instead of being removed. Hopefully, this is a second chance that we push as a society but never follow through on. 

23 hours ago, Packman said:

Did Aaron Williams get the boys job at Rye Cove? 

That’s the rumor. Former boys coach Robinette rumored to be the leading candidate at RV.

Edited by PackDadx4
Needed to add something.