New SWVA football signees

Gmen2021

Today at GHS- Senior WR/ CB Braden Watkins signs with Emory and Henry Football and Senior LB Gage Sawyers signed with Old Dominion University. 
both were All SW District , All Region and All State first teamers. That is now 4 players off the 2022 state champs going to play at the next level. 

Said it around game 5 giving great praise to guys like Roberts and Clements (junior last year) up until then and beyond, but by game 5, number 4 seems to just be making play, after play, after play, and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it other than Gmen2021.  Number 4 for Graham was playing alarmingly FAST on the field and delivered bigtime blows when making tackles, and he might be/was the best overall player on the Graham team.  Out of the seniors that were on this years Graham team and the juniors, Sawyers may be the one that not just plays at the highest level (ODU-Div 1/FBS) but he's going to do well.  That kid is a Div 1 football player and it was noticeable from game 5 with them.  He's a gigantic loss for Graham.  I guarantee you this kids starts at Old Dominion (if he stays there) by his 3rd year in the program.  He's that good.  When all said and done, will be one of the (more underrated/kind of not talked about a whole lot while in High School) to come out of Swva in 15 years.  Just my opinion.  

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Said it around game 5 giving great praise to guys like Roberts and Clements (junior last year) up until then and beyond, but by game 5, number 4 seems to just be making play, after play, after play, and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it other than Gmen2021.  Number 4 for Graham was playing alarmingly FAST on the field and delivered bigtime blows when making tackles, and he might be/was the best overall player on the Graham team.  Out of the seniors that were on this years Graham team and the juniors, Sawyers may be the one that not just plays at the highest level (ODU-Div 1/FBS) but he's going to do well.  That kid is a Div 1 football player and it was noticeable from game 5 with them.  He's a gigantic loss for Graham.  I guarantee you this kids starts at Old Dominion (if he stays there) by his 3rd year in the program.  He's that good.  When all said and done, will be one of the (more underrated/kind of not talked about a whole lot while in High School) to come out of Swva in 15 years.  Just my opinion.  

I agree, Sawyers was underrated. He was probably best all around player. He was an absolute head hunter! I hate he missed the championship game against KW.  I'm not saying the outcome changes but it would have been a harder go of it with him on the edges for Graham. 

21 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

No, PWO

Readers added context they thought people might want to know.

PWO means Preferred WALK ON.

Preferred means he has a roster spot but the school gave no athletic aid.

The young man, like Brody Jones, is betting on himself. And I think everybody on this board is pulling for both of those young men to be successful. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it was mentioned previously but Koda Counts (SS, WR) from Ridgeview will be playing at Bluefield this fall.  That makes three from the Wolfpack with Hill and Beavers at E&H.  Speaking of E&H, they will have (4) kids that played in that Region 2D Championship game with Roberts, Watkins, Beavers and Hill. 

In another bit of football news, I'm hearing that Trenton Adkins is looking to suit up for UVA-Wise in the fall.  I really hope so because that kid is one of the most talented to come out of this region in the past 20 years.