rules changes

stan.the.man

I just read a article that they are eliminating the 1 and 1 FT,   going to award 2 FT's on fouls after 5 in a quarter and fouls will reset after each quarter!!!  Is this change going to happen in Virginia next year as well???

6 minutes ago, stan.the.man said:

I just read a article that they are eliminating the 1 and 1 FT,   going to award 2 FT's on fouls after 5 in a quarter and fouls will reset after each quarter!!!  Is this change going to happen in Virginia next year as well???

I believe so. 

9 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

It's an NFHS rule, so it should be in effect everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/16/2023 at 11:26 PM, stan.the.man said:

I'm old and don't like change, so I don't like this.

12 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

How do you think this will change the game? 

Speed it up?

Slow it down?

Will teams be less aggressive? 

what is everyone’s thoughts?

On a very local level, my observation is that high school players aren't making free throws at a high percentage.  Until (or unless) those percentages improve, I predict that the rule change will slow things down considerably and that teams won't be any less aggressive.  Just my two cents for the sake of discussion.

16 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

How do you think this will change the game? 

Speed it up?

Slow it down?

Will teams be less aggressive? 

what is everyone’s thoughts?

The main change will probably be slow it down. I think it’s a dumb rule change but I’m set in my ways so I think a lot of things are dumb these days. 

Varsity games won't see much change. Jv games will be mind-numbing painful with inexperienced refs. Last year at Rye cove but jv games went severely against us in the foul count, which lead to painfully long games. That will only get worse.