Tazewell Lady Bulldogs

I know they haven't gotten much coverage locally from WVVA or BDT but the Tazewell girls are having a heck of a season. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the state championship game. The Compton girl is something special as pitcher. The Osborne girl carried Richoands to state title in softball and Compton could very well carry Tazewell to the same. 

59 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands beat Tazewell today to win the SWD tournament. 

Yes, I saw by one run. Congratulations to Lady Blues. I still think Tazewell could make it to state. They haven't had to play much defense with Compton on the mound that could hurt them though going forward. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think the team from Clinchport takes down either Richlands or Tazewell.  Too bad they won't play.

Who has Rye Cove beaten that Richlands or Tazewell couldn't have?

37 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Who has Rye Cove beaten that Richlands or Tazewell couldn't have?

Who has Richlands or Tazewell beaten that Rye Cove couldn't have?  Difference between those two and Rye Cove is offense.  RC has a more potent offense than those two.

56 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Who has Richlands or Tazewell beaten that Rye Cove couldn't have?  Difference between those two and Rye Cove is offense.  RC has a more potent offense than those two.

A potent offense against Thomas Walker and Twin Springs is a little different than against Wise Central and Lebanon.

In 1A softball Patrick Henry will travel to Twin Springs on Wednesday. 

The top side of the bracket has Honaker waiting to play the winner of PH/TS. 

Rural Retreat travels to Eastside. 

In the lower half of the bracket Twin Valley travels to Rye Cove and Grundy travels to Lebanon. 

Semifinals are Monday at E&H with the PH/TS/Honaker winner facing the winner of RR/Eastside.  TV/RC winner will face the winner of Grundy/Lebanon. 

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think the team from Clinchport takes down either Richlands or Tazewell.  Too bad they won't play.

Rye Cove is definitely making themselves known. I hope they go far in the playoffs. Tazewell took down 3A Carroll County. That’s a solid win. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Rye Cove is definitely making themselves known. I hope they go far in the playoffs. Tazewell took down 3A Carroll County. That’s a solid win. 

Also knocked off a couple of Quality teams out of Tennessee in the Kingsport and Knoxville tourneys.  Compton had 18 strikeouts in their loss.  Hats off from the young lady from Richlands who connected on the 2 home runs.  Lady Bulldogs need to generate some offense against the better pitchers, Compton is very good, but the dogs will have to generate some runs as the competition gets better.

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Also knocked off a couple of Quality teams out of Tennessee in the Kingsport and Knoxville tourneys.  Compton had 18 strikeouts in their loss.  Hats off from the young lady from Richlands who connected on the 2 home runs.  Lady Bulldogs need to generate some offense against the better pitchers, Compton is very good, but the dogs will have to generate some runs as the competition gets better.

18 strikeouts in the loss, that's crazy! She's definitely on another level! Hopefully, they can get their bats dinging in the regionals! 

As has been said on here in years past softball is just very strong around here.  It’s the toughest sport top to bottom competition wise. A lot of these potential matchups would be fun to watch. The opening round of D2 should be very fun to watch in those 2/3 matchups and then the semis also. 

18 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

A potent offense against Thomas Walker and Twin Springs is a little different than against Wise Central and Lebanon.

Central had to rally from an 8-3 deficit at home vs Twin Springs this year in the bottom of the 6th to win.  At that time TS wasn’t playing very good softball defensively. They have gotten much better since then. 

20 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Do you mean the same Twin Springs who had Central down 8-3 late in the game before Central came back to win?  That Central team beat Richlands 9-4.  And this isn't the same Central team from the past couple of years.

Rye Cove just has more firepower offensively than Richlands and Tazewell.  Not saying those two aren't good teams.  

12 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Do you mean the same Twin Springs who had Central down 8-3 late in the game before Central came back to win?  That Central team beat Richlands 9-4.  And this isn't the same Central team from the past couple of years.

Rye Cove just has more firepower offensively than Richlands and Tazewell.  Not saying those two aren't good teams.  

Offense seems to be the main issue with Tazewell, they’ll have to get the bats going if they are to advance out of the regionals. Compton, I’d put up against any other pitcher in SWVA but she can’t do it by herself as evidenced by the close loss to Richlands in district tournament. Not many pitchers have 18 strikeouts & their team still loses. Rye Cove is really talented all the way around. 

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Offense seems to be the main issue with Tazewell, they’ll have to get the bats going if they are to advance out of the regionals. Compton, I’d put up against any other pitcher in SWVA but she can’t do it by herself as evidenced by the close loss to Richlands in district tournament. Not many pitchers have 18 strikeouts & their team still loses. Rye Cove is really talented all the way around. 

You are 100% correct.  If they don't get their bats going, the Lady Bulldogs will have an early exit.  Compton is an outstanding pitcher, no doubt.  I wonder if the talk of her transfer has effected the team any?

2 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

You are 100% correct.  If they don't get their bats going, the Lady Bulldogs will have an early exit.  Compton is an outstanding pitcher, no doubt.  I wonder if the talk of her transfer has effected the team any?

Where is she going 

30 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Where is she going 

Rumor mill says somewhere in the Tri-Cities region. But until it's real, I still treat it like a rumor and take it with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Rumor is her parents bought a home on golf course and that she will transfer to either Abingdon or Tennessee High

Home school would be my guess.  (If true)  The girl travels all over the country playing for an elite team and the travel is very demanding. I would love to see her stay right where she is at.  

7 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

No.  The bats just need to come alive  against the better pitchers.  She can't be expected to pitch a shutout each time out.  The bats have improved somewhat throughout the season, however.  Another concern is that the defense hasn't had to do a lot either with Compton on the mound.  They are very capable and well coached. just may be a little rusty in game situations.  I for one am hoping that they put it all together in the postseason.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Home school would be my guess.  (If true)  The girl travels all over the country playing for an elite team and the travel is very demanding. I would love to see her stay right where she is at.  

Im not familiar with the particular Birmingham Thunderbolts team she plays for, but yes there is a lot of travel involved with her playing for them.