Tazewell Lady Bulldogs

On 5/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, jwgarrett20 said:

Battle/Richlands softball game got rained out last night, so they play tonight at 8PM.

Class 2 Region D looks like this:

Lee vs Tazewell

Gate City vs Battle/Richlands winner

It will be Gate City vs Battle.  Battle beat Richlands 3-2.   Tuesdays games will be at 3 pm and 5 pm.

Tazewell - Lee will be at 3:00

Gate City - Battle will be at 5:00

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tazewell vs John Battle in Girls’ Championship Thursday , I was expecting it to be Gate City. 

Wow.  That's a bit of a shocker.  I watched Tazewell win the 1st game of the day, didn't stay for the 2nd.  I was expecting GC to win also, they have had a tremendous season.  Best of luck to the Dawgs on Thursday!!

55 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

In 1A it will be an all Cumberland final.  

Eastside 8

Honaker 2

Rye Cove 3

Lebanon 1

I’d like to see Rye Cove take it all in Class A. They’re returning almost everyone, I think. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Wow.  That's a bit of a shocker.  I watched Tazewell win the 1st game of the day, didn't stay for the 2nd.  I was expecting GC to win also, they have had a tremendous season.  Best of luck to the Dawgs on Thursday!!

No slight against JB but I’d like to see Lady Dawgs take it all especially if Compton won’t be there next year, this is probably their only opportunity. 

12 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Battle is a scrappy team.  Wallace hit a HR in the top of the 7th to go up 4-3.  GC held them and was at the top of their lineup to start the bottom of the 7th.  Gibson led off with a double and the next batter bunted her over to 3rd and beat out the throw at 1st.  Davidson flew out to shallow left field for the fist out.  Baker lined out to center field for the second out and Gibson had to go back to tag because she got a huge jump on contact, so she didn't score.  They intentionally walked Makayla Bays to load the bases with 2 outs and then Gillenwater struck out to end the game.

I don't know if Battle has anything for Tazewell.  Compton is a great pitcher, but really needs to tone down the antics.

2 hours ago, Stelley said:

Rye coves team is half made up by transfers. But oh well everyone else exploits the system *cough cough* Graham 

I don’t think Graham’s softball team has any transfers 🤣  If Rye Cove does, who cares? Kids may want to go where they think they’ll be the most successful & part of a great program. 

23 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Battle is a scrappy team.  Wallace hit a HR in the top of the 7th to go up 4-3.  GC held them and was at the top of their lineup to start the bottom of the 7th.  Gibson led off with a double and the next batter bunted her over to 3rd and beat out the throw at 1st.  Davidson flew out to shallow left field for the fist out.  Baker lined out to center field for the second out and Gibson had to go back to tag because she got a huge jump on contact, so she didn't score.  They intentionally walked Makayla Bays to load the bases with 2 outs and then Gillenwater struck out to end the game.

I don't know if Battle has anything for Tazewell.  Compton is a great pitcher, but really needs to tone down the antics.

Carly is quiet and reserved off of the field and about as nice of a kid that you could ever meet.  But on the field, she is very intense and competitive.  Personally, I like to see the enthusiasm and energy, I don't think opposing teams like it that much.  I can see bot perspectives, however.   As long as the umpire doesn't have any issues with it...

12 hours ago, Stelley said:

Rye coves team is half made up by transfers. But oh well everyone else exploits the system *cough cough* Graham 

Must be a winning program that have won some state titles and sending kids off to D1 schools and 90% of their graduates to College (whether to play football or not), like Graham then... Am I correct in that assumption?

Carly is quiet and reserved off of the field and about as nice of a kid that you could ever meet.  But on the field, she is very intense and competitive.  Personally, I like to see the enthusiasm and energy, I don't think opposing teams like it that much.  I can see bot perspectives, however.   As long as the umpire doesn't have any issues with it...

Enthusiasm and energy is one thing, but yelling "Lets Go!" at the top of her lungs and staring down batters going to the dugout is a little much.  The ump behind the plate warned her when they played Lee Tuesday.

13 hours ago, Stelley said:

Unless Rye Cove only has 4 girls on their team, then you are off on your numbers.  

Must be a winning program that have won some state titles and sending kids off to D1 schools and 90% of their graduates to College (whether to play football or not), like Graham then... Am I correct in that assumption?

No it’s the fact that their whole team is on the same travel organization which caused them to all transfer to rye cove. They are a good team but just like Graham and John Marshall they didn’t exactly become the best because luckily they all just somehow live near tiny clinchport va

8 minutes ago, Stelley said:

No it’s the fact that their whole team is on the same travel organization which caused them to all transfer to rye cove. They are a good team but just like Graham and John Marshall they didn’t exactly become the best because luckily they all just somehow live near tiny clinchport va

How many transfers do you think RC has on their team?

I remember being a young child out in the dusty coal fields, just tossing a softball into the air, hoping for a chance one day to play meaningful games.

One day my father walked up to me, straight glare, breath smelling like Miller Lite, and said, "if you work hard and continue to get better, me and your momma will uproot us to the city of Clinchport to give you the opportunity you deserve."

One tear ran down my cheek as I looked to the sky and saw an eagle. I knew at that moment that I would soar with the Rye Cove Eagles one day.

I never got that chance though.

I think about it daily. 

52 minutes ago, Stelley said:

43 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

How many transfers do you think RC has on their team?

Well I did hear something recently about Front Porch Store and Deli paying top dollar for NIL deals recently making the Clinchport/Fort Blackmore area a prime destination for top softball athletes in the area... 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well I did hear something recently about Front Porch Store and Deli paying top dollar for NIL deals recently making the Clinchport/Fort Blackmore area a prime destination for top softball athletes in the area... 

They aren't a team full of transfers.  7 of the 9 starters are Rye Cove girls.  So this notion that over half of their roster are transfers is complete BS.