Tazewell Lady Bulldogs

7 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Enthusiasm and energy is one thing, but yelling "Lets Go!" at the top of her lungs and staring down batters going to the dugout is a little much.  The ump behind the plate warned her when they played Lee Tuesday.

Like I said, I see both perspectives.  However, if both dugouts can scream and chant at the top of their lungs for an entire game, I see nothing wrong with the pitcher screaming Let's go after a strikeout.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Like I said, I see both perspectives.  However, if both dugouts can scream and chant at the top of their lungs for an entire game, I see nothing wrong with the pitcher screaming Let's go after a strikeout.

Screaming it is one thing.  Staring down the batter as she walks back to the dugout while doing it and motioning towards her is the issue I have 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Watched the game today, I didn’t really see anything inappropriate on the part Compton. I’d rather see energy & enthusiasm than lack thereof. Congratulations to Lady Bulldogs. Good luck next week to them & JB. 

42 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

Who does rye cove got first round?

🚨 Final Score 🚨

Varsity Softball Region C Championship
Grayson County: 2
Auburn: 12

The Lady Devils are the 2023 Region C Runners Up. They will travel to Rye Cove next week. Time, Date, and Location to be announced soon. 🔱

19 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Live feed is back up for Appo and JR.  They are still playing in extra innings.  0-0 bottom of the 13th inning.

James River same pitcher throughout, Appo has used two pitchers; now bottom of 14th

21 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Enthusiasm and energy is one thing, but yelling "Lets Go!" at the top of her lungs and staring down batters going to the dugout is a little much.  The ump behind the plate warned her when they played Lee Tuesday.

This is one reason I have a hard time watching college softball.  Most of the pitchers scream to the top of their lungs and stomp their feet when they get a strikeout.  However, in college baseball a pitcher and/or batter is ejected if they show any emotion.  Act like you've been there before and just play the game.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:08 AM, Observer said:

This is one reason I have a hard time watching college softball.  Most of the pitchers scream to the top of their lungs and stomp their feet when they get a strikeout.  However, in college baseball a pitcher and/or batter is ejected if they show any emotion.  Act like you've been there before and just play the game.

Just the opposite for me.  I can't watch baseball anymore, but I love to watch softball.  To each his (or her) own, I guess.

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I like to root for Auburn a bunch, but it would be cool to see Rye Cove get it done to win the whole thing.  

Mac McClung gets all the press from down that way which is understandable but it would be cool for Rye Cove softball to bring home a state title to Scott County. 

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Has anybody heard of any links for Tazewell's semifinal vs Page County tomorrow?  Radio or video?  I can't find it on nfhs, although they are carrying just about every other VHSL semifinal tomorrow.  

I was told if Tazewell plays tomorrow for the title, then it would be on the radio.  As far as I know, today's game is not.