College Softball World Series 2023

Should be a really fun WS.  FSU and TN are the only two who stand a chance of knocking off OU IMO.  If Pickens can return to form for TN, I would try to run the rotation at OU.  Start Rogers, once she gets through the lineup once, bring in Gotschall and then Pickens when Gotschall gets through the lineup.  If that game runs 7 or more and you have limited OU, then follow back up with whichever you think is most effective in Gotschall or Rogers.  

Tennessee smacked Bama around like chump change today and OU gets a close win over Stanford 2-0.   Tennessee and OU will now meet in the winners backet.  I don't see FSU doing it regarding OU.  I just don't think they are good enough.  Tennessee is good enough to possibly pull the W.  It's going to be trouble for Tennessee or any team if they get down to the final two teams and OU has no losses, thus forcing a TN to have to beat em twice.  The upcoming game with Oklahoma for Tennessee is huge as both have yet to have a loss.  If TN could get a win, that's a Huge psychological boost if these 2 are the final 2 teams left.

TN and Sooners today at 3 pm and Washington vs FSU is at 7pm.  Bama and Utah make quick exits in the tournament and are sent home.  Oki State and Stanford are still in the mix, but have one loss each. 

Tomorrow (Sunday) Stanford (who has 1 loss) will play the loser of Florida State and Washington, and Oki State (who has 1 loss) will play the loser of the TN/OU game. 

Today's games (Sunday) are Washington and Stanford at 3pm and Oki State vs Tennessee at 7pm.  All 4 of these teams have 1 loss and the losers of the two games above are eliminated.

Monday at 12 pm, No Loss Oklahoma plays the winner of Stanford and Washington and the Winner of Stanford/Washington will have to play/beat Oklahoma twice IF the Stanford/Washington winner beats OU in the first game at 1 pm.  The 2nd game would immediately follow if this game is needed.

Monday at 7 pm, No Loss Florida State plays the winner of Tennessee/Oki State and if the Tennessee/Oki State winner beats FSU in game 1 (7pm game) they will turn around and play again immediately following. 

Final 2 Teams- The Championship is Wednesday, Thursday, and if needed, on Friday. Whoever comes out above and down to 2 teams will play in the Championship which is the best of 3 series.  Correct me if I am wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that when it gets down to 2 teams, it doesn't matter who has 1 loss or is undefeated.  Everything starts over and it's simply the best of 3 series for the Final Two Teams. 

Tennessee may be down right now, but other than Oklahoma, only 1 other team has a Better chance to make the finals than them which is FSU.  Tennessee has the same chance at Oki State, Stanford, and Washington going into today's game, so they may be down, but they still have a chance, and the chance is reasonable, it's not something requiring a miracle.  They are good enough and thankfully, they are now on the FSU side of the bracket instead of the OU side.  Beating Oki State tonight, and then beating FSU twice is far more doable in my opinion than beating Stanford or Washington once, then having to beat OU two times just to make the finals. 

Vols get the W and so does Stanford.

Tomorrow-Monday

Oki vs Stanford.  If OU beats Stanford in game one, they advance to the Championship.  If Stanford beats OU, they have to immediately turn around and play and beat them again in order to advance to the title game.

FSU vs Tennessee in the evening.  Same situation for TN.  They have to beat FSU twice in order to advance to the Championship.  

Overcoming Chance

OU does it.  My favorite times in sports watching is when you are watching something that you know right then and there, the moment/event/outcome is so big that you just know this is going to still be talked about in regular conversation in 50 years.  This is one of those times and I'm a Hokie and Longhorn guy.  Obviously, I don't like OU, but I absolutely LOVE watching greatness and history.  This was exactly that.  Well....it IS exactly that.  It's not over yet.  The bunch just isn't losing games.....as in....ANY games. 

Why so difficult and why so different as teams like UCONN in women's hoops have those long historical streaks?  What makes this different? Because......it's Baseball/Softball.  Softball/Baseball has more "chance" involved in it by a lot Compared to football and basketball.  In Softball/Baseball, you can time and hit a perfectly thrown pitch and rocket the ball off of the fat end of the bat only for the perfectly hit line drive to just so happen to be close enough to a running left fielder that closes the left centerfield gap preventing a double.  Or, you can have the perfectly thrown pitch and you are caught completely off guard and get befuzzled and don't know whether to swing or not swing, and you stick the bat out as you are way late in swinging and you are jammed inside with the bat on the ball, and it just so happens that the ball bloops over the first basemen's head for an single.  This is what I am talking about with Softball/Baseball and "Chance" compared to Football and Basketball.  This is what makes OU's winning streak just so dominant and impressive.  They are doing this in a sport where there is simply more "chance" in play and less Control of each outcome Compared To Basketball and Football.  So, the odds are, they should at least be losing 2, 3, or 4 games during the season, but they are so dam* good that they can overcome the "chance" involved in Softball/Baseball.