SWVASports.com is coming to an end…

GMan

On 5/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, Lance said:

It’s not the end, I’m going to keep the lights on. No worries. 

5 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

Thank you GMan for all the hard work and providing everyone with a well run and entertaining site. It will definitely be missed!

@Hokie Bound.  Thanks to Lance we will still have the board! 

On 6/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Practice starts in roughly give or take, 2 months from today if I'm not mistaken.  

Define practice? 😂😂😂 Some programs been hard at it since January. I heard one program even practices on Sundays down in the western end of Tazewell County. 

I’ve been around for 20+ years. I started swva sports.com back when I started swvaol.com which was a dial up internet device. Roughly in 2001 or so. At that time gman had the old swvafootball message board going.  My idea was to bring it all under one roof at swvasports so we could have one place to visit and talk about everything year round and not 15 different pages that were dedicated to each sport. Gman liked the idea and this place was born. At some point years later I got busy with kids, life, family etc etc. and kinda faded in to the background. Gman has kept it rolling along but he’s ready for a break. Instead of closing doors here I told him I’d just come out of semi retirement and keep it rolling. So here we are. Getting ready to move it to a new server, clean up a few things, and on down the road we go. Together. 

gman will still be around I’m sure. 

not much should really change. I’ll try to do a few things to make it better. 

anyway … it’s all good. Enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been a part of this board for many years, hate to see Gman leave, but hopefully Lance will continue.  Thanks to everyone who post on here.  for some reason my status has been shifted to a newby, but most know I've been opinionated on here for a number of years.  We had a black out on our computer system, and everything went haywire, so I had to re-enter the board through a new portal and I suspect that caused my rating to change to a newby, but it's all good.  Hope every team has a good year coming up and all yo yahoos can continue busting everyones chops.  love the banter on this board.

9 hours ago, Graham32 said:

Been a Bucs fan since I was 11. Alstott was my favorite player.

I met Alstott years ago in a local Publix in Tampa that he was holding a meet and greet session at...had him autograph a jersey for me and got my son's picture taken with him.  He had just retired and had already dropped down to around 210 or so.  Nice guy.   My wife and I were season ticket holders for eight years.  Of course it was the eight years right after they fired Gruden and up to two years before they signed Brady.  Horrible football.  Lol. 

18 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I met Alstott years ago in a local Publix in Tampa that he was holding a meet and greet session at...had him autograph a jersey for me and got my son's picture taken with him.  He had just retired and had already dropped down to around 210 or so.  Nice guy.   My wife and I were season ticket holders for eight years.  Of course it was the eight years right after they fired Gruden and up to two years before they signed Brady.  Horrible football.  Lol. 

It's rough being a Bucs fan for sure lol. I loved Alstott's mentality. He was very underrated and I personally think he was one of the best FB/RB to ever play the game and deserves to be in the HOF imo. My step son, a friend of mine and I went to the Bucs Panthers game in Carolina last year it was the first pro game we'd ever been to and of course the Bucs lost (Go figure). It was a great experience nonetheless. I made the comment several times I can't believe I was in person watching my favorite team play. I would love for alstott to sign my jersey lol. 

I expect rough years ahead. Hard to stay positive after you lose the GOAT. I will still cheer them on regardless though!