Bluefield's DB's could be there down fall.

The_Spectator

I have only had the chance to go to a couple of beaver games this year and think they are a really great team however I don't think that they have a complete defensive backfield to get the job of winning a state championship done. I think there season will end tomarrow night losing to Gratsy and co. 16-14....simply because of DB play.....you all's thoughts please?

Bluefield had improved tremendously since last year on the pass defense. Gratsy is an exceptional player, however, I look for Bluefield to take the long ball away. Last year at JM they hit the long ball on Blfd. for three touchdowns all on the same play. In the playoff game I don't recall them completeing a single pass. Yes, they didn't have Gratsy at QB but they had alot better overall team. Wouldn't be suprised to see OH roll Grtasy out and give him the option of passing or throwing though. I also look for OH to try the short passing game.

Bluefield made the adjustments that needed to be made against Oak Hill in the first game by switching Chris Martin to OH's primary receiver. Oak Hill didn't complete another pass after that switch was made. The only weakness of Bluefield is pass defense, but it has greatly improved since last season.

Very few AA QBs are as capable of Grasty to avoid the Beaver pass rush and get passes off. The test for the Bluefield defense will be to stay patient, stick to their assignments, and tackle Grasty when opportunity presents itself...

[ QUOTE ]

I firmly believe that the only one in AA that can defeat Bluefield is Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the focus continues to stay at the level it is and if so everything will fall into place. A lot of football is left to be played and a lot of things can happen, but I'm confident in this team to get the job done.

I just dont see the Beavers only scoring 2 TD's... Maybe in the first quarter. Oak Hill may have beat the Beavers by one point this season, but I honestly dont think Oak Hill wants a rematch with this Bluefield squad again. Their offense and defense is clicking right now. Bluefield definitly has the momentum and home field advantage... I dont believe there is any AA team in the state of WV that can beat this Bluefield team. Sorry, I see Bluefield winning this one hands down 42 - 17.

With the smothering pass rush Bluefield gets on almost every pass play, the secondary need only play average at best to stop the deep ball. Very few QBs, Gratsy being the only one in AA, who can escape their pass rush and maybe hit the long ball deep.

Like someone said above, Bluefield knows what they have to do and believe me, they are coming to play Friday night.