Questons?

oldskool

I've been talking to a few people and I noticed some things when I visited Bluefield twice during this past month and I have a few questions. I know that some of these questions may have been asked before in some previous posts but I think we need to revisit some of them.

1. Why did Graham High waste Will Cole's freshman year by not playing him at all? He doesn't get to play JV because they moved him up but he get ZERO time in the varsity games. He should get some time during the varsity games simply because the poiny guard that they have is not a good one.

2. Why can't coaches coach anymore? They have no control in practice. The players don't hustle and the players have bad attitudes. These players would not have suited up for any coach in the area in the 90's when I came through.

3. Why do the parents have so much of an influence on what goes on with these teams?

graham should have left will cole on JV so he could get some experience and actually play. he is a very good player but needs to develop. but he wont develop any skills on the bench. and also i agree the g-men's point guard isnt very good, but they really have no other options.

I agree with you on both points. HE should have been able to stay on JV to try to get his skills right for the varsity level or he should get some time now on the varsity level because they are not playing good basketball and he can't play any worse than the one that is playing now.

Will Cole is a fine young man but he is not ready to be the starting point guard on the varsity team. He needs a lot of work on his ball handling and passing. I am sure he will get better by the time he is a senior. Graham has 6 or 7 really good athletes and some of them hardly play at all anymore.The coaches mix and match kids with seemingly ill-matched skill sets and make no effort to play kids with complementary talents. They try to pound the ball inside when they have no true low post players and they take their shooters out (or don't play them at all) when they miss a shot. I have never been able to figure out how these coaches make their decisions on personnel, but I can tell you I think this is one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. None of the kids seem to know what their role is and I doubt the coaches can evaluate abilities or talent well enough to know either. It is a hit-and-miss, hodgepodge approach to disorganized chaos if you ask me. Tough to watch, tougher to play for. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to play in a system where your reward for playing well one game is to be totally overlooked the next. One more thing.... Tonight was senior night and very few people showed up. I find it appaling that the coaches made no effort to start the seniors on Senior Night.This was a non-district game that really meant nothing. You couldn't start all the seniors??? You could have subbed them after the first 30 seconds....Don't they rate a start on the last night of their careers as a thank you for putting up with all this crap this year??? Very classless if you ask me.