Martinsville at Abingdon

JimmyK

[ QUOTE ]

End of three, Martinsville just wasted the last two minutes of the quarter and Abingdon wouldn't change out of the zone. The score:

Martinsville 43

Abingdon 39.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like its gonna be a good one

Here's the most telling piece of information about the game. Abingdon/Martinsville started at 7pm. Appalachian State/UNC Greensboro started at 7pm. When the Abingdon game, plus the radio postgame, concluded, there was still almost 10 minutes left in the second half of the ASU game.

Unbelievable.

I hated two things, one from Martinsville, the other from Abingdon. It was a good game, when it actually WAS A GAME! Martinsville held the ball for about half of the second half, which is a smart move, I just woulda liked to have seen a real game. I think it was stupid of Abingdon to not try and pressure the ball holders, like Martinsville did. Hats go off to Martinsville, sorry DMSPARTAN foir not coming to meet you, but I am still upset over the strategy of MHS. If they woulda played and not held onto the ball, I would be saying good job, good luck next game. But to hold the ball for over 10 minutes is just crazy. I hate to see the AHS seniors go with a loss like that. But good luck Martinsville, I said I would wish you luckl, and I am.

[ QUOTE ]

I hated two things, one from Martinsville, the other from Abingdon. It was a good game, when it actually WAS A GAME! Martinsville held the ball for about half of the second half, which is a smart move, I just woulda liked to have seen a real game. I think it was stupid of Abingdon to not try and pressure the ball holders, like Martinsville did. Hats go off to Martinsville, sorry DMSPARTAN foir not coming to meet you, but I am still upset over the strategy of MHS. If they woulda played and not held onto the ball, I would be saying good job, good luck next game. But to hold the ball for over 10 minutes is just crazy. I hate to see the AHS seniors go with a loss like that. But good luck Martinsville, I said I would wish you luckl, and I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how the pidemont teams get you out of a zone...

You can't fall behind against them...they're gonna run the weave until you come out of the zone and then they can penetrate all day long.

[ QUOTE ]

thats where a half court zone trap coulda helped! Maybe!! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, thats why I said one thing bad abuot Abingdon.... Stupid Peidmont teams grin.gif

I thought the idea of playing the game was TO WIN, and to win you use EVERY STRATEGY available. If I remember correctly, Martinsville held the ball in a similiar situation last year. and Abingdon DID come out of the zone, and Martinsville ended up winning by 16. This year, with the same strategy on the Bulldogs part, Abingdon STAYED in its zone and lost by 8. The only fault I can find with the Falcons' coaching staff is accepting the limitations of its players - if there ARE any - and not working to push their players BEYOND those "limitations".

And it's okay that you didn't get to come over and say hello - we were both busy last night.