Carroll lost a close game to martinsville 2-1

carrollfan

It was a good tune up for TOMOrrows game vs. galax. This was a scrimage and all our players played 20 or more mins. we went up 1st in the 2nd half and then they tied it with about 20 mins to go. the 2nd came on our back up keeper and back def. both teams a good hard game. Martinsville does have a big key player out. number 18. martinville had two yellows and maybe should of had more.

i didnt mean it to sound like you are a bad team...im sure you guys are a good quality team..but from Highlandsfan point of view...we (SWD teams) shouldnt be able to hold our own against Martinsville Magna Vista and Blacksburg...thats why i asked...

Easy now Beano, if you saw Carroll Counties other scores against the peidmont you would have noticed a little differant outcome, 4-0 and 5-0 i believe. Not to mention that was just a scrimmage so i am sure Martinsville played a lot of kids as well, and were apperantly missing their star. I would never and have never disrespected any team on here. Dont take offense to me if i am being objective. I always pull for the SW Virginia teams to do well no matter who they are. I am very glad to see Carroll County have a good game with Martinsville because it means maybe the Piedmont is not that far ahead of SW Virginia. I am sorry if i hurt anyones feelings by predicting that the piedmont would be strong this year. I tell you what......I predict that Graham will go undefeated and win the Regional title and maybe even State. There you go, everyone can be happy now. Seriously....Good luck to everyone and i really do hope the title, now matter who does it, comes back to our area.

there is no need to get smart highlandsfan. we arent looking for you to say we are going to go undefeated. every team tries their best to win every game, our goal is no different than anyone elses. you play to win the game. all we are going to do is go out and try to win every game. we arent saying thats going to happen, but until we lose one, that is what we are striving for.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I am not trying to be rude in anyway, i only responded to the fact that unless i sing the prasies of the Southwest District people go nuts on here and take as an insult. I am sorry my predictions dont always end with a Southwest team winning. Its just my opinion. No insult has ever been intended. When i said Virginia High was down no one came on here and got offended because its true. When i said that Marion had about 5-6 very good players and the rest are young. They didnt try to hang me. As i have said in most of my comments i just like good soccer no matter who plays it. I am a Southwest Virginia soccer fan and yes that includes the Highlands district to. We should all be pulling for each other against the peidmont and the rest of the state. Its us against them not us against each other. From what i have seen there really are no "bad" teams everyone can play at a reasonable level. So in the future dont get so upset if i state an opinion when that opinion does not include an insult. And just for the record saying i dont think you are going to beat someone is not an insult. Good luck to everyone.

• 2 months later...