Graham ties Abingdon

Grahamcmid08

great effort today fellas, coming back after playing richalnds and tieing abingdon is a real accomplishment, for some reason, they were hanging their heads, any idea why? lol

we will see them again.

and we will keep improving.

congrats from carroll, way to come back from a big loss the other day. my dad always told me that you can tell a good team from how they bounce back from a bad loss. good job

Any word on Tazewell, we have them on tuesday. Any help would be great.

That was a fun game to watch. I thought Graham played as well as they could have and held on for a tie. Graham dodged bullets all day as they were out shot by about a 5-1 margin. Abingdon had numerous chances in front of the goal but either struck the ball right at the keeper or the keeper made a couple of great saves. Graham never really threatened the goal, i dont think they had more than 1-2 shots in the box if that, but did manage to put one in off of the crossbar on a direct kick. Graham is living dangerous with their style of soccer being pure defense, letting teams take shots on them almost at will, it worked out for at least a tie this time but im not to sure it will always be that way as the season goes on. As for Abingdon hanging their heads i think it says a lot about them. Graham walked away feeling as though they had just won the world cup while Abingdon felt as though they had lost. A tie to Abingdon was not a good thing while a tie to Graham was more than they expected. Anyway it was a good game and congrats to Abingdon for winning the tourn. I hope everyone has a great season and stays healthy. When do Graham and Abingdon play again i would like to see if the game plays out the same next time.?

Graham plays Abingdon next monday the 10th at Graham....and we dont normally play like that...we were all very tired considering we had an 8:30 game....i dont see how you can say held on when Abingdon shouldnt have had that PK in the first place....

From what i saw it was a blatant handball in the box which usually results in a PK. and also Highlandsfan, by watching the game do you mean reffing it. J/W. just a huntch i have.