any thoughts on who will be good this year?

atmtaz18

Martinsville is pretty good this year I believe. I don't think it will be a River Ridge final four. Especially since Hidden Valley is down this year.

martinsville's goalie is bet in state.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blacksburg and cave spring have a much much better team then martinsville though. Anybody that can break the state record in saves has to be best in state.

How many saves you have has nothing to do with it. It just shows you have a crappy defense. You have to look at the overall package. Saves, goals against, who they played against, communication (can they direct the defense?).

I have seen the Martinsville keeper, Blacksburg keeper, and cave spring keeper all play several times. I would rank them:

1) Blacksburg keeper

2) Martinsville keeper

3) Cave Spring keeper

How many saves you have has nothing to do with it. It just shows you have a crappy defense. You have to look at the overall package. Saves, goals against, who they played against, communication (can they direct the defense?).

I have seen the Martinsville keeper, Blacksburg keeper, and cave spring keeper all play several times. I would rank them:

1) Blacksburg keeper

2) Martinsville keeper

3) Cave Spring keeper

You just said it though, "it just shows you have a crappy defense."

If this kid has a bad game, his team lost, he has broken the saves record, and how many shutouts does he have? Blacksburg is such a better team that it makes the goalie not as good as the martinsville goalie. The blacksburg keeper isn't tested as much as martinsville is.

taz keeper actually did very well, it was 2-1 at then it just seemed that the team gave up on him. He impressed me though. It would of been 14-1 without him. Calls were horrible for both teams. A Abingdon player had a tazewell player in a anklelock in the box and no call. Refs were very delayed and didn't let any aggressive play. Good work by abingdon, great 1st half by tazewell.

taz keeper actually did very well, it was 2-1 at then it just seemed that the team gave up on him. He impressed me though. It would of been 14-1 without him. Calls were horrible for both teams. A Abingdon player had a tazewell player in a anklelock in the box and no call. Refs were very delayed and didn't let any aggressive play. Good work by abingdon, great 1st half by tazewell.

calls sucked both ways, the ref was just all around horrible but its the swd so you got to get used to that. I was proud of how rooster played, tazewell had one of there best first half's. Dont exactly know what happened second half.

Why did abingdon run suicides after there win?

thats kinda retarded isn't? I mean its basicly saying that congrats on the win but you didn't run enough in the 80 min game, so run more.

it sucks but itll get us i pretty good shape. when every other team is tired in the second half we will still be fighting

i agree that the first 20 minutes were bad. the worst soccer we've played all year. it was terrible

true that, everyone was kinda freaking out. and after-game suicides are always rough haha.

well i can understand running if you play bad, but to run after a game is kinda wrong haha i know after a hard physical game, i was dead. To run more, I couldn't do it haha

Poskn8r, how in the world were you dead after a hard physical game, you are a goalie. LOL