TV @ Council

hokiepanther

this game goes down tuesday night. its been a couple years since council beat TV.. but with the way otto fletcher is carrying the cobras you never really know.. im really lookin forward to seein smith and fletcher battling it out in the paint.. what do you guys think?

I think TV wins easily. Council has built a good record but haven't really played anyone. Council may keep it close in the first half but TV will be too much down the stretch.

thats kinda what im figuring too.. i dont think there fast enough to play with TV.. and otto fletcher cant play over both smith and simpson... and if he plays over one then the other will just take the pass and score.. you can't go far with one man scoring nearly all your points

Fletcher seems to be all they have. I read a lot about their guard (I forget his name) but there is not a good point guard in the whole district besides Garrett. I'm not trying to be cocky or to put anyone down or say that they don't play hard but truth is truth.

And like you said, you can't win with one guy scoring all your points. And I don't care who it is Josh Smith will get position on you! He always does and this ain't the first time he's faced Fletcher!

I've seen both teams play and will be shocked if TV doesn't win big. They have the inside players to slow Otto down and their guard play is imo better than that of Council's. Please post a score when you get one tomorrow night.

yea garrett is by far the best guard in the district.. Austin cooper runs second.. but he's still no where close to having the athleticism of garrett.. and smith.. im pretty sure there isnt a player in the region who he couldnt get position and score on.. and ill get you a score tuesday night or maybe wednesday morning if i dont get a chance to get on here

not trying to belittle the cobras at all cuz those guys played there hearts out and played the best game ive seen a council boys team play since 2001, 9-14 from the three point line in a game where the panthers wernt playin very good defense on the outside i think maybe they were to focused on shutting down otto flethcer and forgot about boyd and viers lightin up the 3 point line, but the panthers couldnt have thrown it in the ocean last night idk what was up with them.. but i hope they fix it.. maybe they'll take out there anger from last nights game on grundy tonight.. at least i hope so.. congrats cobras

not trying to belittle the cobras at all cuz those guys played there hearts out and played the best game ive seen a council boys team play since 2001, 9-14 from the three point line in a game where the panthers wernt playin very good defense on the outside i think maybe they were to focused on shutting down otto flethcer and forgot about boyd and viers lightin up the 3 point line, but the panthers couldnt have thrown it in the ocean last night idk what was up with them.. but i hope they fix it.. maybe they'll take out there anger from last nights game on grundy tonight.. at least i hope so.. congrats cobras

Well, I have to admit I didn't expect that last night. It was a humbling experience for us as TV fans. Give Council credit they played their hearts out but just couldn't get it done which is a credit to TV. It's hard to beat a team that was shooting like the Cobras last night.

I know we want to say that the Panthers weren't playing good but I'm not sure that was the case. Fletcher gave them a hard time underneath with his size. They couldn't handle him one on one and doubled down on him. That was good but the problem was it left the shooters open on the outside. To Council's credit they made the shots. 9 of 15 ain't bad from the 3 line!

Something I've noticed about Coach Moore is that he is willing to risk giving up the 3 attempt because TV typically has such an advantage on the boards. The problem with that strategy was what we saw last night. If a team doesn't hit their 3's--no problem you win hands down because they can't handle you on the other end of the court, but if they hit they can burn you--which is almost what happened last night. Not knocking coach Moore at all because I think that's what you have to do with the talent TV has. Their not a very good man to man team and he knows that. They play much better in the 2-3 zone. Sure, you could argue that that strategy almost cost you the game but on the other hand how many times are you going to face a team that shoots as hot from the outside as Council did? I would say not very often.

I, personally, don't think last nights game was because TV was playing badly (they scored 71) but because Council elevated their game. Council made the shots that they had to make but still came up short. To me that's a sign of a good team on TV's part. When you can handle a team's best game and still win that's a positive in my book. I don't think Council is as good as they played last night my self but I may be wrong.

One area in which TV did play poorly was in their foul shooting., If they do not improve their foul shooting IT WILL COST THEM before the season is over--mark it down now! They cannot win state if they don't improve from the foul line. Their foul shooting is inexcusable. It wasn't just last night, it was in the VA High Tourney and in the Arby's. So, it wasn't anything new. They have to start hitting those easy shots! I would like to know how many points were left at the free throw line last night! That's one area that they definitely have to improve on.

I look for Coach Moore to work on that with the guys and also make adjustments to their defense to do a better job defending the outside when they face situations like they did last night. Don't panic TV fans, they'll be fine.