All State WV

phatbeaver

Just from the team's I saw...I do not intend these to be exclusive to 1st team...but just the best that I saw personally, or know a lot about (Magnolia, for example). This is a VERY LIMITED list.

Offense

QB-James Jones, Frankfort

QB-Cole Starcher, Ravenswood

RB-Corey Damron, Wayne

RB-Nathan Roberts, Point Pleasant

RB-Chance Rowland, Oak Glen

TE-Blatt, Magnolia

WR-Tyler Reed, Oak Glen

WR-Luke Murray, Ravenswood

OL-Mike Davis, Wayne

OL-Gibson, Bluefield

OL-Small, Ravenswood

OL-Garrett Rowe, Wayne

OL-Westfall, Keyser

UTL-Justin Fox, Magnolia

UTL-Levi Beckett, Bluefield

UTL-Seth Barnhart, Oak Glen

Defense

DL-Justin Ruggles, Wayne

DL-Keith Ferguson, Bluefield

DL-Brooks, Bluefield

DL-Clay Krebs, Point Pleasant

LB-Jake Lilly, Bluefield

LB-Treah Keller, Magnolia

LB-Jonas Jelich, Ravenswood

LB-Todd Terry, Chapmanville

DB-Austin Mills, Wayne

DB-Marcus Patterson, Bluefield

DB-Damien Price, Bluefield

DB-Dylan Wiley, Chapmanville

UTL-Adam Frazier, Wayne

Again, there will be some GLARING omissions from that list, and for that I apologize

wise words from wise men.... i would personally like to see kory saddler (center) be on there... he kicked some butt this year on that OL... most Nose Guards he faced were much bigger. he truly dominated. Also buford from bluefield banged some bodies on D. the selections are always interesting... Iguess we'll have to wait and see...

The QB (Treadway?) and the tall WR (Rollo?) have to make the 1st team in my opinion. Jake Lilly has to be the Defensive Captain also.

Hard to leave off Boulet as well...he was among the state leaders in TD catches. Actually was a more effective WR than Rollo this year (mainly because it's hard for a WV AA school to account for 1 great [Rollo] and 1 VERY good [boulet] WR...Bluefield is one of a VERY few that actually could do this).

I agree all 3 should be first team.

It is always interesting to see how this goes. I do like the UTL positions though, because especially in HS football, it is hard to leave off a kid who is a great QB but not the best, and a great DB but not the best in his classification.

I think all of the linemen mentioned played both ways, and were darn good on both sides. I would be surprised if I missed more than 2 first teamers with my list. I'm sure I left off some great kids from James Monroe, but I didn't see them play this year (and for that matter, didn't get to go to Lindside for the Wayne game last year).

I would make Lilly the Defensive captain and Davis the offensive captain. An offensive lineman as captain is perhaps a stretch, but the kid was great on both sides of the ball, and I'm not sure anyone had just awe-inspiring offensive numbers in AA. I'm pretty confident in Lilly, but I think Treadway may be the offensive captain. I do know this, THIS year, Justin Fox should NOT be the offensive captain, but he should be first team offensive utility. He's a great player but his numbers are not captain-worthy.

Edited by PioneerPA
Additional thoughts came to mind