Grundy JV 8, Twin Valley JV 7

djr4hurleyfb

Very close game Monday night at Grundy. Twin Valley scored on their first drive of the game, chewing up about 7 minutes over 12 or 13 plays before punching it in. They had another TD called back due to a clip after their QB scrambled away from 2 or 3 defenders. Would have been about a 65-yard run if the play stood.

Took Grundy about about 3 quarters, but they finally slowed the Wing T down. A key interception midway through the 4th quarter ended a potential scoring opportunity by TV in the Grundy end zone. The very next play from scrimmage, #15 from Grundy busted up a huge hole in the middle of the defense, cut left and out-ran the secondary for an 80-yard TD. I believe #15 then punched it in for the 2-pt conversion to give Grundy the lead.

Twin Valley had the ball inside the Grundy 20 with 30 seconds left. On 3rd down, they lined up for a 22-yard FG (TV actually tried a 37-yard FG earlier in the game. I'd say it would have been good from 20 yards out) but the snap was real high and the holder ran around the corner and gained a few yards and got out of bounds. On 4th, they lined up for the ballgame and 4 Grundy defenders broke through and somebody (#5 or #6, unsure which one) blocked the kick.

After the game, I was told Hurley JV visits Grundy JV this Thursday.