Good start for WVU

mavsgrad

I think most Mountaineer fans, like myself, are pretty happy with how we played yesterday. Some people might dismiss their performance because it came against Marshall but I see a big improvement over last years season opener against the Herd. First off the game was never in question. WVU jumped out to a quick 2 TD lead and lead the entire game winning by 5 TD's. We were also much more balanced on offense than last year. Last year Marshall limited us to just 42 rushing yards. Yesterday WVU rushed for 331 yards along with passing for 324. Defensively we gave up a lot of yards and more points than you would like to see but part of that was due to the game being out of reach most of the second half. They did create 2 turnovers which I know the new D-staff has put a lot of emphasis on. Looking ahead, we should have an opportunity to work out some kinks against James Madison and Maryland before we get into the Big 12 schedule. I think we are capable of playing with anyone on our schedule which is exciting! Good start to the season and looking forward to what this team could accomplish this season!!

I think most Mountaineer fans, like myself, are pretty happy with how we played yesterday. Some people might dismiss their performance because it came against Marshall but I see a big improvement over last years season opener against the Herd. First off the game was never in question. WVU jumped out to a quick 2 TD lead and lead the entire game winning by 5 TD's. We were also much more balanced on offense than last year. Last year Marshall limited us to just 42 rushing yards. Yesterday WVU rushed for 331 yards along with passing for 324. Defensively we gave up a lot of yards and more points than you would like to see but part of that was due to the game being out of reach most of the second half. They did create 2 turnovers which I know the new D-staff has put a lot of emphasis on. Looking ahead, we should have an opportunity to work out some kinks against James Madison and Maryland before we get into the Big 12 schedule. I think we are capable of playing with anyone on our schedule which is exciting! Good start to the season and looking forward to what this team could accomplish this season!!

I think WVU very possibly could go to the National Title game this year, their offense is very high powered, but the D needs a little work, and needs to be tested, but there's a chance the Mountaineers can go... Though I wish I could say this about Virginia Tech instead of WVU. Lol.

Yeah alot of wvu fans are up in arms about the way the defense played but we all knew it was going to be a learning process for them. I just hope they will improve as the season goes on and I think they will. Offense is just unreal. As one of the marshall db's said "they did anything they wanted when they wanted" A reporter asked coach holiday after the game would marshall see another offense like this the rest of the year? His answer' I sure hope not" Says he regrets ever recruiting geno smith to west virginia. But that last remark was just in fun. Actually I thought marshall has a pretty decent offense. They could have a good year. Hate that we have to wait 2 weeks for another game. Go eers

need to sure up some things...they score so quick....marshall ran over 100 plays in the game...100...going to give up yards due to nature of the offense...if they can create turnovers in big games they have a chance...one thing for certain it is real entertaining to watch...I am more worried about special teams due to youth at holder and long snapper