Gretna vs Rustberg thoughts..

gmenfootball

I went to Gretna and watched Gretna destroy Rustberg sat.,I just wanted to watch this high flying Hawk offence and see it first hand,and it was impressive.I think Gretna has a great qb in Vic Hall,his arm is very strong and he is on the money and he loves the qb draw,their offence is built around him,most of the game I would say they threw the ball 65% of the time.They split their running yesterday between Marlon Moon and Vic Hall,Moon rushed for five touchdowns,which was mostly redzone runs.Their passing game was very impressive,15,20,25,30 yard chunks all day long.Well I have seen them first hand and I think their offence reminds me of the Graham 2001 offence,same look spread.Graham will have to put the pressure on Vic Hall if they let him throw the ball he will hurt them bad,Rustberg did not have one single sack yesterday,they did not tackle very well at all,and they was giving Hall 15 to 20 yards of cushion on pass defence,And I Mean they had no PRESSURE at all on ViC Hall,On defence Gretna really goes wild with the stunts which Rustberg could not pick them up,Gretna was in the backfield every single play,So we are going to have to pick up the stunts and the linebackers shooting the gaps,but I really think you are taking big chances running that many lb's up in there with Graham's big play abilty.The biggest keys for Graham is to contain Vic Hall,I belive it will be hard to shut him down,but I dont think they can shut Bradshaw down either,I am not trying to say anything bad,but Rustbergs offence and defence was making way to many mistakes,They had four turnovers in the first half.It is hard to play with a good team making that many mistakes.As far as the size goes,their line is about the same size as far as I could tell,the defencive front had a couple of nice sized guys,but they were not that big.they did seem to be quick.By the way the field was in perfect shape,next week dont look for that..Vic Hall reminded me alot of Oak Hills qb.He is the real deal,GOOD LUCK G-MEN!!

I agree with the previous post. A sloppy, turnover-filled game on Saturday will lose it for either team, and Rustburg made a great case for that. I look for Saturday's game to be a little more high-scoring that what people may anticipate, because of the forces of Hall and Bradshaw that have potential to carve defenses like last week's turkey. I also look for this game to be an "instant classic", because Graham has not faced a team on a streak like Gretna since 2001 against Harrisonburg (and they weren't undefeated). A game like this comes around rarely, and I wish I could be there to see it. Good luck, G-Men

Both teams have big play offence,and they do alot of the same things on defence,I would say Gretna sends their Linebackers on just about every play,Graham likes to send them but they dont do it every play,I am curious to see how often they will send them against a offence that can burn you,those quick dives will hurt you if you get caught up in the middle,and Graham has been running the dives nice lately.If Gretna stays in the defence they run against Rustberg the traps will do very good..