Twin Valley/Fort Chiswell Benefit Game Results

djr4hurleyfb

Made the trip over the mountains to see TV and FC play (since Hurley doesn't play until tomorrow). The game was close for 3 quarters, but FC came out winning 28-0.

TV looked really strong defensively in the first half. They gave up three big runs in the first half, but they were all to the outside and two of which came off good cutbacks by FC players. Up the middle, TV was dominant. FC could not run between the tackles until late (when TV wore down).

Offensively, TV does not look nearly as good. The majority of their passing game was by way of halfback passes early on. TV had a chance to score early (after forcing a fumble on the opening kickoff, TV had the ball inside the 35) when a kid dropped a sure touchdown pass in the end zone.

The rest of the first half was mostly a stalemate. FC went up 6-0, but neither team was dominant. Second half, FC capitalized on two TV turnovers for two scores and the 2nd teamers got a third to put FC up by 28.

TV is much improved from last year, especially on defense, but offensively they still need some work.

-Josh

I thought TV (if I can use that abb.) looked small. We are small but I thought they looked smaller. Was the big guy at QB their starter? He made some good long throws but as you saw they were to long. We have a very good HB in Nowlin (watch for his name in the Roanoke Times fish wrap) as long as the line holds up. We are also young, and I'll sadly add we have NO JV team this year.

I can't say for definite, but TV looks to be playing smaller kids with more athletic ability this year compared to big kids who couldn't move last year. The kid who started at QB is the starter, has been since little league, and will be until he graduates. He ought to be a OL or TE IMO (as you seem to think too), but thats a whole different discussion.

Best of luck this year.