Best SWVa Football Programs

Howdyfans

I do have to say that there are alot of great football programs out there. But I would also have to say that the LPD rules this topic. I'd like to see other opinions on this. But here is my list for the best and most outstanding football programs:

1. Powell Valley; reason (8 state titles, and they have never lost the BIG-ONE). Everytime they have been in the final they WON! They have only lost one semi-final, back in 1983. Eight state titles since 1982. In 22 seasons (that's one for every 2.75yrs). Who else can say that? NOBODY!

2. Appalachia; reason (6 state titles) And they are only 2 or 3 miles up the road from Big Stone Gap (home of Powell Valley). Can you imagine the program when these two schools consolidate in 4 or 5 yrs!!!!!

3. Gate City; reason (4 state titles, 3 in "AA") These guys are full of tradition.

4. Clintwood; yeah yeah, I know it's been a while since they have had a title. But when you consider the program from the get-go, these guys rank right up there near the top. They had three state titles in the 70's and when Ralph Cummins was head coach there. He was THE BEST in the area. When you look at coaching records this guy is in alot of categories. Not only in the state, but also nationally. This guy built a great program!

THE LPD IS MOST DEFINITELY THE BEST DISTRICT IN THE STATE.