8th grade moving to High school...

Richlands_Rules

Well the 8th graders always kinda stay away from the Upperclassmen since they don't have classes with them. I hardly knew any of the seniors when I was an 8th grader, and I'm a senior this year and I just know like 2 8th graders and its just because they are my neighbors lol.

I always remember hearin horror stories when I was in 7th grade about 8th graders gettin thrown in trash cans and stuffed in lockers, but it never happens!

Well at Honaker, the building itself isn't that big. We have about 500 kids and I think our maximum student capacity is 800, so its not all that big of a building or student body. But there isn't much time between classes and stuff so there really isn't time for anyone to really see anyone unless its during lunch or in the morning before school starts. There really isn't specific parts of the school where each group of kids is at. So 8th graders aren't necessarily kept in one part of the building away from upperclassmen.

Theres no way they would be in one certain part of the building at Richlands. Most classes are mixed newayz and lcokers are one can be frshman the next one could be a senior...i just dont see where they would put the 8th graders here....we use every classroom every period...there might be 2 or 3 not used every class. I dont see where they would be put if it were to happen.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Heard this today from a few teachers and well everyone was talkin about it, but "supposedly", starting next year 8th grade will be in the High school for Tazewell county, or maybee just Richlands but id say Tazewell County.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a related story, Tazewell County's leadership decreed that it is now, in fact, 1957 and President Eisenhower is "just swell."

[/ QUOTE ]

Really! Cool, we get to watch Arnold Palmer win the Masters next spring!