Very proud of our district

legend11

I had a chance to make it down to the state tournament and I have to say that I am very proud at the representation we had from the members of the SWD. It was good to see Grundy at the top of the team scoring table again as well as having a couple of Graham kids having a good showing. Good Job!!!

I thought that the swdistrict was pretty good also!!!

From Grundy 12 wrestlers qualified for the state tournament, with 5 of them placing. From Graham 5 wrestlers qualified, with one placing, and one being one match from placing. Carroll County qualified 2 wrestlers, on of them placed, and the other came one match from placing. Richlands had 2 wrestlers qualify, and Tazewell had one qualify.

i'll have to say one thing about wrestlers. they are tough as hell and they are a one man team and whenever they get beat they can't blame it on anyone else like other sports. so i respect most wrestlers

That is very true, that goes for the sympathy you feel for them when they lose, too. It is devistating to see someone who has worked so hard lose in such a drastic measure that matches usually are.