Abingdon

zach

Ok, when I first started talking about coming to Abingdon, I told you I would update you after I have been here for awhile. Well, I have been here for a couple of months, and no new news on anytthing, so here it goes.

Abingdon is gonna be starting with a new coach, Ray Gregory, who seems to be a really good overall coach. He cares about the players, makes sure they drinks plenty of fluids, and overall cares about the school. He seems the kind of coach you need to turn a football program around, back into winning.

The overall talent of the team is good enough for a high school, but what thy lack is strength. Only one over 300 and 2 close to 300. But what we lack in strength we replace with determination. We had 5 guys to come to 95% of weightlifting days, and even though only one was going to be playing alot of varsity, they all showed what type of workers they are. The coach has already made me a believer that we can turn things around just this year, and I will go into each game

August 26 - John S. Battle - Home Win... John Battle cares only for one sport, Baseball. 42-14

September 2 - Patrick Henry - Away Win... No matter what, only priority is to stop Poole 42-35

September 9 - Virginia HIgh - Away Win Highlands district determined on this game, and we walk away with a 35-21 win

September 16 - Richlands - Away Lose....ok, so we may have an easy start and finish, but the middle is where we start to go big 14-35

September 23 - Tazewell - Home Win Good win in between two tough opponents and we call it a good middle14-8

September 30 - Honaker - Away Lose Bostic and co. will find our weakness and destroy it

October 7 - Carroll County - Homecoming Win... you should always win your homecoming 42-7

October 14 - Grundy - Home Lose.... Marcum gets 4 TD's, 200 yards 56-14

October 21 - Lee High Win Lee is still not proven to come out of the cellar 45-7

October 28 - Open Rest up and wait to win the Highlands

November 4 - Marion - Home Win.... Marion has Nathan Call who will be a force to play agaionst, but wont get them far enough 42-40

These are my thoughts, anyone care to comment?

Abingdon will be Abingdon when the whinning and rich parents step in. No coach can control that bunch, the talented kids will get shuffled to the side, they'll win the easy games lose the tough and close games as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Abingdon fan, but I am not so sure on the CC prediction. And Clod, come on, the politics should be over with a new coach. I know exactly what you are saying, but lets not be throwing stones before we see what happens on the field this year. I have a good feeling that this year is going to be a good year.

Yeah dont count on beating CC 42-7, If you ask me homecoming for yall may just be an upset. Even if we did lose it would be a lot closer than that. If you remeber a couple of years ago we beat yall twice. We havent gotten any worse, infact, we have gotten much much better.

• 2 weeks later...

im sorry i dont see you guys beating virginia high i mean you might have improved a lil from last year but they have a lot of depth and speed and new found strenghts but i guess this is just talk we will have to wait and see tongue.gif

first off, u will beat battle, you might beat ph, and you wont beat anyone else...abingdon is full of rich stuck up pricks who get anything they want...besides winning seasons...you dont have a chance at the highlands...it will come down to va high and marion, and you know va high is gonna win that one.