Looking for info on Gate City

VirginiaPreps

Gate City's 2004 record was 10-2, having lost to Powell Valley twice, 21-28 & 7-13. Offensively, they averaged 32.5 pts/game while giving up 13.4 pts/game.

Graduates include the Humphrey twins, Zach Jones, Mark Williams, David Starnes & Kevin McClain, all of whom were major contributors to the success of last years' team.

Returning starters or major contributors for 2005 include WB/DB Josh Castle, QB Adam Price, RB/DB Tyler Parks, SE/DB Jamey Hackney, SE Marshall McMurray, LB Travis Sanlin, DE Justin Faulkner, OL/LB Jake Spivey, OL/DL Jonathan Pope, OL Jeff Edds & TE/LB Corey Shepard.

The Devils return the majority of their skilled position players but rising Juniors will have to step up to man the line. Possible candidates include Alex McClain, Chase Lane & a Florida transfer, name unknown. In addition, I hear the Devils may have the largest turnout in school history, over sixty at last report from which to find a few more linemen.

Statistically, QB Price completed 49 out of 96 passes for 698 yards, 14 TDs & 4 Interceptions.

RB Parks, a speedster, as a freshman who played behind Luke Humphreys, averaged 16.2 yards per attempt, rushed for 762 yards on 47 carries, scoring 6 TDs.

WB Castle rushed for 307 yards on 50 carries for 7 TDs and caught 11 passes for 183 yards and 5 TDs.

RB Sanlin rushed for 119 yards on 21 attempts.

TE Shepard caught 13 passes for 235 yards and 5 TDs.

SE McMurray caught 9 passes for 141 yards and 2 TDs.

Castle as a punter averaged 34.8 yards a punt with a long of 54 yards.

As for GC's outlook, most fans are very optimistic for this season. They're considered the favorite to win the LPD, but they'll have to beat PV, J.I. Burton and Clintwood to claim the title. Region D playoffs should be a real slobberknocker between PV, GC, Clintwood and the winner of Honaker and Haysi, probably Honaker, who lost last year's game in the last 40 seconds. As for me, if Gate City's offensive & defensive line gels and they find a reliable placekicker, they could be hosting George Wythe at Legion Field, winner traveling to Harrisonburg.

Idont think gate city will have any problem this year as long as everyone stays healthy they are loaded with talent like graham i see them maybe going 10-0 possibly this year because every team they are going to face this year lost more people in skilled positions and as everyone knows alot of young players got quality playing time last year so i look for the blue devils to be in top form this year.