Princeton 43 Bluefield 24 FINAL

GMan

I just got back from the game and here is my assessment:

- Princeton's offensive line dominated most of the game and held Bluefield's defensive line/linebackers in check on a consistent basis.

- Bluefield's secondary had major problems with coming up to meet the blocks by pulling guards and once they had them locked up, the Princeton players could take them anywhere they wanted to go. We are lacking a physical presence in the secondary and I'm sorry, but Eric McClanahan doesn't belong in the safety position. He got ran over more times than I can remember tonight.

- Jon Payne played a hell of a game tonight, with several long runs for TDs which basically kept Bluefield in the game late. One was on a punt return which made the score 17-16 I believe and finally he scored one late in the game to make it 30-24. This kid is a big time playmaker and some of the jukes he put on the Princeton defense tonight were amazing.

- Probably the biggest thing that hurt Bluefield once again was the lack tackling fundamentals. Letting people run by you and jumping on their back isn't going to cut it by any means.

- The Bluefield defense got tired late in the game and gave up scores on third and long on two crucial possessions down the stretch, which ultimately sealed their fate.

Finally I would like to say congratulations to Princeton on a well played game. This is a team that may end up making some noise in the AAA playoffs.

Maurice didn't play as much as you all think..McClanahan took plenty of snaps out of shotgun tonight

Maurice had some very very impressive runs tonight..Including one he took about 80 yards before the refs called a bs holding call. Payne also had some impressive runs tonight. McClanahan started out slow but by the 2nd half he completed some pretty passes. Ponder dropped a pass in the endzone which a defender went over his back but of course no call, he also could of had a nice gain but timed his jump to early. Maurice looked pretty good at QB but I would keep him at RB cuz he had some really nice runs.

Princeton offensive line was a beast. They were making huge holes for there backfield to run through.

Special teams hurt us big time 2..On the kickoff princeton ran it back to about the 3 yard line, and then on a punt Keczan steps out of the endzone for a safety

In my opinion we need to put the best players on the kickoff team b/c it is giving the oposing teams to good field position

Everything will else will fall in to place once they address these issues on defense and believe me, they're major issues. While tackling and other defensive fundamentals like ripping/running through a block aren't learned in a week, it's something that can be achieved by season's end.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell with the two announcers BHS has this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard one of them was Woody Morgan, of WVVA "fame". I don't think I ever heard him make it through a sportscast without getting lost or confused at least twice. And when he did, he'd stumble and fill with "Gotta love it"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Check that..."

Is what I always remembered him saying when he messed up on air. lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell with the two announcers BHS has this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard one of them was Woody Morgan, of WVVA "fame". I don't think I ever heard him make it through a sportscast without getting lost or confused at least twice. And when he did, he'd stumble and fill with "Gotta love it"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Check that..."

Is what I always remembered him saying when he messed up on air. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

True, true...he did say that a lot too.

I don't know what Woody's calling is, but it sure doesn't seem to be television.

[ QUOTE ]

that was a temporary fix. the big $$$ brace was ordered and until daddy is satisfied with JT's condition-you are just hoping for a quick return, like the rest of us

[/ QUOTE ]

I think wweagle knows a bit more than folks are giving him credit for...

Trust me guys those issues will be resolved. You have to remember that a few of those guys are not accustomed to the smack you in the mouth-type football that the beavers play.Actually a few of them have never played football as we know it. If there is one thing that i can assure you of it would be that Coach Simon and company will have their guys ready to play come next week. This is not the first time that beavers have faltered in the first couple of games and then rebounded only to have their critics quickly realize how stupid it is to count a man or in this case men out before the season is over. I am looking for a complete turnaround very soon. Keep your eyes open. Oh!!!!!!! GOD BLESS THE BEAVERS!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

that was a temporary fix. the big $$$ brace was ordered and until daddy is satisfied with JT's condition-you are just hoping for a quick return, like the rest of us

[/ QUOTE ]

I think wweagle knows a bit more than folks are giving him credit for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure he knows way more than we do but I can tell you Jt will get some playing time come the grundy game