Roanoke Catholic

SMS

Roanoke Catholic looks to have a strong team. They beat Brunswick academy, they came out and stomped Pocahantas 49-14, putting 3rd string kids in the third quarter. I say if they continue as a team, they can match up pretty well with anyone.

No, Roanoke Catholic is not a strong team. 4 Times in the first half we drove down the field on them, inside the 5 yard line, but we made mistakes that cost us. Only thing they really have is speed. When they would score, it would always be on long runs around the end, they didnt have nothing up the middle. Altogether i think we had the ball inside the 10, 6 times. We only scored on 1 of those, and thats what killed us. If they want to be a real good team, they need to improve thier defense. Its not looking good for your team when you almost give up 500 yards of total offense to Pocahontas. The one thing that was different for us last night was, we played like a team, Our line was blocking well, our recievers catching the ball and shayne dillon throwing the ball as usual. We're really improving, and i will be shocked if we don't win next week. The last 2 tds they scored was on our back ups and another one was a long interception return, just to clear that up.