Bluefield's band

gomavs

By the way, aside from the actual football game itself, there's something else in Bluefield that's definitely worth mentioning and that is Bluefield's band -- Bluefield's band sounded great Friday night and I was very impressed!!! That's missing at James Monroe -- for whatever reason, no one seems interested in joining the band. Anybody that knows any of the band players from Bluefield, please pass it on to them that they sounded great!!! Impressive.

Just wanted to say thank you! An assistant coach for Bluefield High School passed your kind words to me! My son is a sophomore in the BHS drumline and I am so proud of him and the entire band! Thank you again, they work very hard! I will pass this along to Mel Saunders, our band director.

You're welcome. I really enjoyed listening to them. Everyone from Bluefield should be very appreciative of the band they've got. And all other high schools that have great bands -- appreciate it!! That's a part of high school football and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I heard Bluefield's band the other night.

i just cant beleive how small the band is... when i was in school, it was huge(when anyone paid attention to it, lol), or seeemed that way but hey, back then in my graduating CLASS i think we had like 340 graduate, so whats that show ya

I am a band mom who is very proud of the Bluefield Beaver Band. They have worked really hard and we really appreciate the compliments. My son is a junior and plays the tenors (quads). Just to let you all know, they won 1st place in their class in competition Saturday at Marshall University and the percussion got second place. THEY ARE SO AWESOME.