Epstein leaving Red Sox

UVA_CAVALIERS

I have been a Sox fan since 99 (Hideo throw the no no at Camben), but now Im staring to get sick of this. Everyone jumped on the wagon since they won it last year (I think most don't like them anymore), and instead of building guys like Youkilis and Hanley, we go get old farts to play. Of the three main FA's we got last year (Clement, Wells, Rentaria) Clement was the only suitable one. I would love to trade the other two, get some decent players. Plus Red Sox also lost Meuller and Millar to FA this year. Hopefully Youk starts, Hanley coems to play 2nd (bc of Rentarias Salary), and Manny has to stay PERIOD. Thats just Manny being Manny, always wanting to go somewhere. Hopefully they will see our aging problem and fix it. I know this may mess some people up, but I do not believe Varitek shuold get the 10 mil he gets. After all, he only plays 4/5ths of the games, because of Wakefield.

Epstein turned down a $1.5 million offer for 3 years. Some of the players will make that much money in a month. Pro sports is one of the few places where the worker makes 10 times as much as the boss.