anyone have the scores for todays game?

Bballer23

Powell Valley 47 and Gate City 20. I think it is an amazing score - everyone predicted a close low scoring ball game. Never thought any team would score that many points against GC at Legion! Another strange note regarding the high points tally against a good GC team - all from PV offense. The Vikings start no seniors on offense - the unit returns intact next season. It has to rate as a surprise to most who follow SWVA HS football that PV's young offense rolled up so many points at Legion!

Hurley actually played one of the worse ballgames they had all year. Hurley was inside the 10 yardline 4 times in the first hafl and come up with no points on the board. They fumbled twice i think inside the 10 and turned th bll over on downs twice. They also had kickoff return for a td calld back on them.....Hurley had its chances but couldnt manage no points....It was 8-0 late in the second and hurley had been in appy territory all half and could not punch it in.....Shane Justice had a 99 yard kickoff retun for a touchdown called bac when it was 14-0 and that broke their backs.....from there on Appy just wre hurley down.....Hurley had several defensive stands....but their line jsut wore hurley's line down. Late seaon injuries really hurt hurley going into this game......Dont think it would have made a difference in the game but it would have been better.....I think Hurley had the better skill but the big boys just wore them down.....Good luck to appalachia nest week at norton.........Hurley you had a great year, hold your heads high.

I was proud to hear the Rebels traded licks with Appy today, even if the scoreboard was lop-sided. Inside the 10 4 times with nothing gained hurts and a KOR TD taken back is almost as painful, but you boys made the Bulldogs earn the win. Injuries presumably changed the face of what the Rebels could do in this game, and sometimes that is too much to overcome (along with a tough opponent).

Congratulations on an 8-3 season, I believe that is the second or third best season in Hurley football history. To the Seniors, its been a pleasure to watch you all these past three seasons. Your presence and personalities will be missed. To the rest of the team, put this loss in your back pocket and head into the weight room. Next season is only 9 months away and its never to early to start.

The score was really 47 to 19. After we made the score 47 to 13 we kicked it off and Tyler Parks of GC ran a touchdown and after that the people on the score board made it 47 to 20 instead of 19 and they didn't get the PAT either.

This morning's articles in the KTN and BHC differed in the scoring sequences. It is not in-accurate to say that there were so many points scored that they couldn't be kept up with correctly! If the young Vikings offense continues to improve over the next two seasons, Legion Field may want to add another digit to the visitors score board!