Duvall gets in movie business, NASCAR-style

BigD4VT

I thought this was an interesting story. My brother who also lives in NC is a member of the cast.

Richlands News-Press

RICHLANDS – It may not be live from New York, but former Richlands resident Cooper Duvall will be hitting the big screen with some "Saturday Night Live" alumni next year in a funny look at a Southern tradition – NASCAR.

Will Ferrell, who not only plays the lead in the still-untitled motorsports comedy, joined forces with Saturday Night Live writer Adam McKay to write the script.

The yet untitled movie was set to be released in fall of 2006 but may be released as early as June 2006.

"I stumbled up on it by accident," Duvall said of the part.

Duvall lived in Richlands about 12 years leaving in 1998 and later settling in North Carolina. Duvall said he has been a race fan for years.

"I loved being around it, I loved to smell the fuel," said Duvall.

For more on this story, read the Nov. 23 Richlands News-

Press and Clinch Valley News

Will Farrell

cd5.jpg

David Lowe (My brother)

680.jpg

Yeah, I sent him the link to the article. He probably didn't even know one of the writers of the movie is also from Richlands. He got the acting bug about 5 years ago when he was an extra in "The Patriot". He actually had a fairly prominent scene in that movie. Since then he's been in The Black Knight, Jawanna Man, Shallow Hal, The Gravedancers, one that isn't out yet called Cold Storage, a couple of tv movies/shows including multiple episodes of Dawson's Creek, and some commercials in the Charlotte area.

He hasn't had any major roles but it's fun and he gets to rub a few elbows.