Bluefield 21 JM 7 halftime

swva_fan

this was supposed to be a down year for us... look at the program at all the Jr's and Soph's that we got starting. this was supposed to be a reloading/rebuilding year. how'd we get to Wheeling... i don't know??? but they've played their guts out when it counted. and i was one that was down on 'em in the early going, but they've grown up and came around.

[ QUOTE ]

this was supposed to be a down year for us... look at the program at all the Jr's and Soph's that we got starting. this was supposed to be a reloading/rebuilding year. how'd we get to Wheeling... i don't know??? but they've played their guts out when it counted. and i was one that was down on 'em in the early going, but they've grown up and came around.

[/ QUOTE ]

This Beaver squad has surprised a lot of people this year... especially me. Bluefield is going to be a tough program to beat again in the coming years!

[ QUOTE ]

What do you feed them lineman in Monroe county? Big boys and very good,decent speed for their size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's what they're fed, it's what their fed off of and that is pride, hard work, and determination. (smile) This season will be a season to remember.

I don't think I've ever seen such a drastic progression from one football team in a single season than I have with this year's Bluefield team. If you had told me this team would be defending their title in Wheeling after the Princeton game, I would have said you were crazy. Inconsistency has plagued them for a majority of the season but once the playoffs began, they took it to another level. A lot of credit goes to Coach Simon and his staff for pushing these kids to be their very best and making sure they were prepared to play the best they possibly could against the opposition each week. Every single player on that team has worked towards this and the results are obvious. They earned and deserved this shot.

yeah - last years team was LOADED with talent and all staters at every position. i could have coached that team. but this year, they had to fight and earn every bit of credit they've got.