Weir Schedule

total

here's what Weir has done this year... looks pretty impressive. we've known all year that our offense can score points, and our defense is really coming together now. but it looks like they'll have their hands full. we just gotta work towards our strengths and we'll be just fine.

Aug. 26, 2005 AT OAK GLEN W 50-0

Sep. 2, 2005 HARRISON CENTRAL, OHIO W 44-12

Sep. 9, 2005 EAST LIVERPOOL, OHIO W 42-0

Sep. 16, 2005 INDIAN CREEK, OHIO W 20-7

Sep. 23, 2005 AT EDISON LOCAL, OHIO W 28-0

Sep. 30, 2005 AT JOHN MARSHALL L 29-32

Oct. 7, 2005 AT MAGNOLIA W 42-7

Oct. 14, 2005 BROOKE W 42-10

Oct. 21, 2005 WHEELING CENTRAL W 25-6

Oct. 28, 2005 BUCKEYE LOCAL, OHIO W 48-13

Nov. 12, 2005 LOGAN1 W 66-0

Nov. 19, 2005 SCOTT1 W 34-8

Nov. 26, 2005 AT WAYNE1 W 22-7

Dec. 2, 2005 BLUEFIELD1 7:30 PM

we know John Marshall, Magnolia, Brooke, and Wheeling Central are all good teams... and look at how they did there. but what matters is the playoffs... look at the points they've put up, and how the D has shut teams down. they've put up impressive numbers all year long.

but we'll be just fine...... i'm not worried. it'll be another classic Bluefield / Weir game.

Oak Glen(1-9)...50-0(W)

Harrison Central(OH)(6-4)...44-12(W)

East Liverpool(OH)(3-7)...42-0(W)

Indian Creek(OH)(6-4)...20-6(W)

Edison(OH)(2-8)...28-0(W)

John Marshall(8-2)...29-32(L)

Magnolia(8-4)...42-7(W)

Brooke(5-5)...42-10(W)

Wheeling Central(9-4)...25-6(W)

Buckeye Local(OH)(1-9)...48-13(W)

Logan(5-6)...66-0(W)

Scott(10-2)...34-8(W)

Wayne(12-1)...22-7(W)

Oak Glen (1-9)...50-0(W)

East Liverpool (OH)(3-7)...42-0(W)

Edison (OH)(2-8)...28-0(W)

Buckeye Local (OH)(1-9)...48-13(W)

Logan (5-6)...66-0(W)

WOW, very impressive wins. Those teams have a winning total of 12. And losing total of 40. Conrgratulationssmirk.gif

I just learned some new about weir today. We have a very decent chance of beating them now. Especially after looking at there schedule

"WOW, very impressive wins. Those teams have a winning total of 12. And losing total of 40. Conrgratulations

I just learned some new about weir today. We have a very decent chance of beating them now. Especially after looking at there schedule "

You should go in thinking you have a shot. Why even play the game if you don't, just as Weir is thinking they are going to win. It will be a hard fought game and is a great ending to this chapter of the Weir/Bluefield series. I'm sure they'll meet up again in the coming years though.

Reminded me of an old quote:

"We were out there thinking about winning. They were out there thinking about football."

Former Denver Broncos kicker Jim Turner acknowledged this, when, in the immediate aftermath of Super Bowl XII, he offered this explanation for the Broncos' loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

[ QUOTE ]

Oak Glen (1-9)...50-0(W)

Logan (5-6)...66-0(W)

WOW, very impressive wins. Those teams have a winning total of 12. And losing total of 40. Conrgratulationssmirk.gif

I just learned some new about weir today. We have a very decent chance of beating them now. Especially after looking at there schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't doubt the quality of those teams because the competiton in that area is very high. A 4-6 team up there could easily be a 10-0 or 9-1 team against some of the compeition in WV high school football.

[ QUOTE ]

Oak Glen (1-9)...50-0(W)

Logan (5-6)...66-0(W)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't expect everyone on there schedule to have a good record big man...Its like Oak Hill, Shady Spring, Etc for us

It just depends on what kind of year they're having. When we renewed the contract w/ Edison, they had just gone 9-1 and won the OVAC AAAA title. Now they are down, but what can Weir do about that. Also when we started scheduling Buckeye Local, they had gone 10-0 and won the OVAC AAAA title the year before just as Edison had done in 02. Oak Glen had some very good teams from 00-02. Derrick Stickles is now the all time leading rusher in the WVIAC and he was a great RB at Oak Glen. Also, what can we do about Logan? They got matched up w/ us in the playoffs.