Mr. Primetime

tullyblanchard

I think some of us forget this is high school football. These guys give up a lot to go out and play ball every Friday night. To criticize them for not living up to the hype or whatever will only discourage kids from playing. Garon Marcum does not deserve the criticism he's getting any more than his teammates deserve to be blamed for the fact the season didn't go as planned. At least not by a bunch of guys on a message board who seem to forget we're talking about real people who play sports simply because they want to.

what are you talking about... i gave up my summers and evenings after school for 12 years... and it was a priveledge. i loved every second of it and would give anything to be able and go back and do it again. my point is - we got dissed and talked about when we lost and when my Sr team underachieved. but did it mean anything to any of us - NOPE. we loved every second of it -- winning or losing -- there is no greater brother hood then what goes on w/football. i'm sure Garon could care less about what is said on here... all that matters to him is that he (and his teamates) gave it all they had and left it all on the field. i know they gave Bluefield all they wanted.

in the grand scheme of things - this board, or any board - means nothing. he's a good kid and a good ball carrier. people just over react to nothingness. let it be.