espn.com article on Clarett and Vick

total

FOR ALL YOU VICK HATERS THAT HAVE BEEN BASHING.....

i'm not really a fan of either... just a neutral reader that understands what it's like to have a tough childhood, and a lot of pressure.

even if you don't read the story - skip down to the very end and read the last 2 paragraphs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2287414

Those who would excuse lawlessness continue thier apology and assualt on the law abiding nature of our society.

Try telling this "hard luck", Oprah crap to an immigrant that escaped some third world dump to come to this country to live free and work hard and they'll laugh in your face.

That's what the foreign born nationals that I showed this news article did, laugh. And some asked if it was a real article or a spoof article!

i didn't say everyone else was immune... everyone has it tough at one point or another. nobody's life is easy. it's the choices we make that reflect our character, and just because some make the wrong choices... it doesn't make it ok because they can say i've had it sooo tough in my past. however - the biggest thing is... it's not up to me, or you, or anyone else to judge him. however, his actions shouldn't be excused and he should man up and take responsibility for what he's done... and if a jury of his peers finds him guilty, and he does time - then i'll still love him unconditionally... even though i don't know him. seems like i've read something like that in a book.

[ QUOTE ]

i didn't say everyone else was immune... everyone has it tough at one point or another. nobody's life is easy. it's the choices we make that reflect our character, and just because some make the wrong choices... it doesn't make it ok because they can say i've had it sooo tough in my past. however - the biggest thing is... it's not up to me, or you, or anyone else to judge him. however, his actions shouldn't be excused and he should man up and take responsibility for what he's done... and if a jury of his peers finds him guilty, and he does time - then i'll still love him unconditionally... even though i don't know him. seems like i've read something like that in a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you right up to the point about love. Love and respect are earned, just like punishment is earned.

"just because some make the wrong choices... it doesn't make it ok because they can say i've had it sooo tough in my past"

i guess you didn't see that part - huh? nobody was saying it was ok... read it again.

There are countless people who grew up in the same conditions as these guys but are now successful not only in sports, but in business,law, etc way it's called free will. People use that junk as an excuse while others use it to motavate them in a positive way. Period. Vick and Clarett chose to go the their respective schools so any pressure was partial self-inflicted in my opinion. These two men and I use that term loosely have pissed away opportunity after opportunity so if they never make to the NFL or any pro league it wouldn't affect my life at all.