westside blows out Wyo East

twopac

dont let the score fool ya my friend

East had as large as a 15pt lead and blew it

the Westside come back started about the 2:30 mark when Justin Sizemore made 1 of 2 foul shots and WS would go on a small run before halftime and cut the lead to 8 @ 27-19

the 3rd qt. belonged to the Renegades as Westside would go on a 21-4 run against the Warriors and pretty much seal the deal, at the end of the 3rd WS would go from being down 8 to being ahead by 9 @ 40-31 and then in the fourth just kept adding on to the lead for the final that you see

player of the game is easily Tyler Davis, when this kid played like he did against East, WS will be hard to be, he scored 18 points (a season high) had numerous assist, and is just a joy to watch, last night he had to unreal plays for the Renegades, a no look pass to guard Shawn Clark, and then he drove to the basket only after fooling his defender into thinking he was gonna pass it off

just an unreal night for him

and not just him but two other Renegades, in Chris Blankenship and Shawn Clark (both had 18pts as well)

in the two meetings WS and East has had, both teams have scored a total of 104 points a piece, that's a combined total of 208 pts

the rubber band match up (and the one that counts) is in sectionals and it will be played at the RCA, only thing that worries me is that East already has playing experience and time on the RCA floor, for most of the Renegade players its been a whole yr or better since the last time they played there, + we've got a few that's never played there

i'm hoping East experience on the RCA floor doesnt pay off for them.

should be another classic battle between the two schools come the first week of March

hahaha

there was no recruiting done there

Davis is a home grown Wyo. Co. boy

use to live in Oceana, then moved to Pineville and played for them in his younger days, then moved to Liberty and decided last season that he wanted to come back home to Wyo. Co. and play his final season with guys he grew up with and around for the most part as a youngster

actually during the summer leagues he made sure to always play on the WS teams, for some reason...lol

anyways i'm glad he is at WS, he does make a big difference

he asst. ratio is unreal, some of the fakes/no look passes/drives he does to the basketball just leaves me shaking my head

he had is best game all season against Wyo. East on Friday night, hopefully he'll be able to keep that intensity through the rest of the season, if WS could get him to step up and help out with Clark and Blankenship there could be a good trio going on there and things could look good for the Renegades.

but its as i said to a friend of mine, one game at a time, i said last week the best way for WS to get out of there midseason slump they was in (epsecially after losing to Indy @ home) would be to come out and win against Wyo. East (and we did) and the best way to continue is getting quality wins to help moral and the best way to do that is by going to MV tomorrow and winning, beating up on PV when they come to WS on Thursday, winning against Williamson when we go down there on Sat. and then beat Logan again on Monday Feb. 20th when we go back down there to try and have our 2nd games with them again