Westside rolls past MV

RenegadeFan

WS makes it 3-0 with MV

the game was pretty tight nit between the two teams for at least 1 qt. anyways

MV came out strong took a early led against us, but WS battled back, there was about five or six lead changes in the first qt. alone until Westside went ahead 17-16 to end the 1st qt.

in the 2nd qt. Westside broke loose and started gaining momentum against MV

going ahead by as much as 12pts before MVs coach Brown called a timeout

by then i believe the lead gotten to big for them as by halftime the lead had grew to 16 (43-27)

in the 3rd qt. WS's Chris Blankenship scored 10pts alone in this qt. to help increase the Renegade lead, in this qt. MV battled and got it back within 12, but would be as close it would get as WS would battle back to a 19pt lead after 3 with a score of 62-43

in the 4th qt. MV would continue to battle and give there best showing of the night, scoring a total of 21pts this qt. but it was a case of anything MV shot, WS said they could meet that or do better and continued to hold on to there lead

in the end WS won by only 17 but could have been much more as Coach Hopkins put in the reserves with a little under 2 mins to go.

WS had the lead as high as 25 at that time, MV would cut it down to the final score.

Chris Blankenship would score 29pts

Tyler Davis would have a double double with 18pts and 14 assist

Justin Sizemore was close to having his own double double as he would have 8pts and 10 rebounds

Marcus Gunter and Shawn Clark would also have 8 pts

leading scorer for MV was James Edwards who has 4 three-pointers in the game

big factor in this game for MV was the fact they would miss wide open lay ups, would come to the basket and the basketball would bounce off the back board as if they was passing the ball to someone, i believe had the maid more of there easy lay ups the game would have been much closer than it was.

anyways next up for WS is Pikeview @ home on thursday

Westside struggled against them earlier this yr, allowed them to hang around and even take a 1pt lead at one point in the 3rd qt.

but in the end WS would end up winning in the 4th qt. by 18 or so

hopefully this time around WS will be able to take care of business early and be able to start focusing on Logan and there match up on Monday

by the way

best wishses to the Bluefield Beavers Friday and Saturday against MV and then Logan

the Logan match up should be a great game!

yeah two good showings against Wyo. East and MV (which is good IMO seeing how we gotta face East in the sectional match up and if we get by them, MV in the regional match up)

btw both games will be played at the RCA

East is on March 1st

MV is on March 8th

(both on Wed. night, which for the record i hate those dates, cause of having church on these nights)

but hopefully we can keep the intensity

Davis and Blankenship having been doing really well as of late, Shawn Clark still seems to be a shooting slump, he nomally makes two or more three-pointers in a game and did hit any against MV last night

but that's what i like about our team, when we are playing like we have been against East and MV anyways, seems like when one player may not be hitting someone else is able to step up and take his place

i'm still hoping for a good yr for the renegades

time will tell i guess...lol