More Info needed!

dmspartan

Abingdon plays Lee at Virginia High School, game time is at 8:00(according to the Kingsport-times) or so, depends since there is two jv games and a girls varsity game before it. I think it said the girls varsity game was set to start at 6:30.

No problem..

It does really matter, however, just wanted to mention that I just seen another time in the write-up of tonight's game that says 7:30, but it still said 6:30 for the girls game... again, like I said, it doesn't really matter, I'm sure you get the general idea though haha...it'll be right after the girls game is over.

Yeah, that's correct. My Uncle heard it on the radio and told me they would be playing again Monday, but I just called the radio station and found out that they cancelled the games all together. The part he heard was the Region game for the Lee girls would still be played Monday.

Sorry about that, I apologise, should've just called to find out for sure myslef before I posted.

Let me see if I have this correct - the Abingdon/Lee game will not be played at all? Then tell me - why did the Martinsville/Bassett game take place? Seems to me everyone could all save themselves one or two games a year by not playing the final game of the district tournaments if the regular-season champion is involved. After all, who REALLY cares about a school's fans?

Yeah, they're not playing at all.

I'm sure it was because of the weather. We had probably about 2-4 inches of snow, maybe more in some places here in Lee county, don't know what they had in Bristol or Abingdon. Someone said that it was Bristol who called the game off, they THINK we would've rather played, don't know anything for sure myself.

Wet roads and the drop off in temperatures tonight(teens and single digits) may have been a factor. So, I"m sure it was probably in the best interest of all teams involved. I agree with OFISHE8 that this was a good call. If they were going to call the game off tonight then it would've probably been better to cancel it all together. I mean if they pushed it back a day then you have Lee playing the next day in Region play without even a day rest, and then add in that the girls would be traveling to Magna Vista....So, I think it may have been a smart move all things considered.

http://www.timesnews.net/sportsArticle.dna?_StoryID=3602973

Highlands District Tournament

BRISTOL, Va. - The Highlands District girls and boys championship games, scheduled for Saturday, were canceled due to inclement weather. No makeup games will be scheduled.

The Lee High girls will play at Magna Vista on Monday at 6 p.m. in the opening round of the Region IV tournament. The Lee boys, meanwhile, will host Grundy on Tuesday in their Region IV matchup. Tipoff time for that game will be announced Monday.