STRONGEST TEAM (weightroom) IN SWVA/SOUTHERN WV

HyTekRedNek

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

by me sayin that i meant you dont have to have the strongest and fastest team to win

[/ QUOTE ]

only time ive ever seen a slow weak team win was win they played a slower weaker team....

[ QUOTE ]

Well Richlands figured that out up at state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come again? Richlands was as strong and fast as they could be. Strength and conditioning had nothing to do with that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

only time ive ever seen a slow weak team win was win they played a slower weaker team....

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever look here at teams or guys that werent the strongest or the fastest but let their will to win and heart lead them to victory... look at the 1980 Miracle on Ice story about the US beating the Soviets... George Mason this year in the tournament...Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson...James J. Braddock aka Cinderalla Man beating Max Baer...Chaminade beating Virginia in Maui...US basketball and baseball teams getting embarassed in sports they dominant in...Sea Biscuit winning after they said he was too small to be a derby horse... Lofa Tatupa and Zach Thomas being Pro Bowl linebackers and not being 6 only 5'10... Nate Robinson Spudd Webb winning dunk contest...1984 Boston College vs Miami aka "The Flutie Game" BC winning 47-45...heres one Yankees have highest pay roll meaning the best of the best and dont win world season and dont even have best record in league at least...Kansas State beating Oklahoma 35-7 at Oklahoma...UC Davis beating Stanford in 2005 20-17...i have some more if you still dont believe teams slower weaker smaller cant beat big fast strong teams

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

jackson martin and bobby west both got 300 6 times in the weight liftin on tuesday... Tj Marrs, Brandon Robinson, George Damon, and myself can get over 300 pounds... Jackson Martin also maxed out at 600 pounds earlier in the year squating, Bobby and i can get high in the 500 pounds range squating too... power clean i am not sure what our max are

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was in school i was squating over 1000 and bench 355 and powercleans were around 450 or up. bet i couldnt do it now though

[/ QUOTE ]

LIAR!

Weights dont mean a thing. No team has ever won a football game because there guys bench more. Some of the better guys youll ever play against in high school may not hardly ever lift weights, if they participate in sports year around. Maxs dont mean nothing so dont think too much about it.

Its not how much you can bench press or squat its the size of heart you have. If you dont have the heart or desire then you wont succeed on the field. You can spend hours upon hours in the weight room and get on the field and not do anything without heart. Without heart you just as well stay in the weight room cuz there aint nothing else you can do.

[ QUOTE ]

Spending time in the weight room is a pretty good indicator of heart and desire. People who have heart and want to win are going to be in there getting stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

[ QUOTE ]

Spending time in the weight room is a pretty good indicator of heart and desire. People who have heart and want to win are going to be in there getting stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you are not understanding what i said even tho you are in the weightroom dont mean your gonna be the strongest in their... jus cause someone can bench 300s or 400s or squat 500s or 600s or run 4.4s 4.6 40s dont mean their going to be a good football player... it could just mean they are good at lifting and should lift weigths professional or just have speed and should jus run track...to be a good football player you just have to have that God given passion and athletic ability and some people have that then others dont

Exactly what i tried to say couldn't have said it better. Just because your in the weight room doent mean they want to be there. I know kids that dont even lift during the summer and can go out on the field and take it to the other team just because they have heart and desire to do it. Take Josh Broyles for example this year against Richlands. The Richlands returner had a for sure touchdown until Broyles came out of nowhere and tracked him down. That wasn't cuz of the weightroom. Thats cuz he had heart and didn't quit on the play.

thanks...For the ones that are told they are too short or dont weigh what they should for their position...dont let that get you down let that be what motivate you to be the best of the best...you let that heart and passion for the game get you to the top...i know from being short and people tellin me that im to short..you play harder and harder the more they tell you that your too short or too small... you should want to not only play hard for you but you play hard to get that scholarship or that State honor to shut the ones who tell you that up

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...