Bluefields Fans or Coaches

Hokie_2

I've went to school with some players from the tidewater region and watched a couple of games from out there and there was an article in a paper out there that said on any friday night there could be 60 D1 recruiters out there watching prospects. I don't think the whole state of WVA could get that many recruiters in there state in one whole football season. I'm not knocking West Virginia football cuz i've watched bluefield for many years and yes there are some good athlets there. But they beat martinsburg that year and martinsburg was runner up in the state. There was some good athletes on that field that night but nothing that will compare to the load of talend coming from the tidewater region. The tidewater region is ranked third in the nation for recruiting playerw

You all were fighting over about morgantown and stuff so i had to put my nickel's worth in. And i agree with you all anybody should be scared to play bluefield. They have the best talent around.

Yes i agree thats why i said bluefield is a great football school. But the dude braggin on morgantown fails to realize one thing that Landstown High School in Virginia Beach put out 2 of the 20 best players in the country. And if morgantown was in triple AAA in virginia they would be lucky to be one of the top 30 teams. But if Bluefield was in Virginia they would easily be in the top 10 in Group AA

Bluefield does have alot of talented kids, but to say they have more than any other school is a little off. You may think this is funny or whatever, but Mount View has as much talent or more, the only difference is that Bluefield has a coaching staff that knows how to control their players and teach them discipline, where as MV has always been known as an undisciplined team. I think if MV ever had a coach that wouldn't compromise his own beliefs such as sitting a player for missing practice then MV could be just as good as the beavers. No doubt about it Bluefield has a great football tradition that would be tough for anyone overlook.

Good point Knight...

How many different towns do kids attend mt. view. I think alot of it has to do with they have more talent because they have more towns that kids go to mt. View. Bluefield basically only has Bluefield and Brushfork.

Mount View is the consolidation of 3 schools, Gary,Welch, and Northfork, but even with all that the town of Bluefield is bigger than those 3 towns combined lol. Bluefield has a higher enrollment as well, alot of that do to people from Welch and the surrounding areas have moved away over the years due to a lack of job availability. MV was once a AAA school just like Bluefield and maybe some time in the future they will both return there with all of the jobs and opportunities that could possibly come this way.

I basically agree with the talent, but as I wrote weeks ago, it's a population thing, a quick lookup about the tidewater region had some of these figures,

Virginia Beach 343,069

Norfolk 261,229

Newport News 170,045

Chesapeake 152,000

Portsmouth 103,907

and if I'm correct hampton has around 180,000

and those are cities, if I recall the overall population of that region is over a million, maybe closer to 2 million, which is basically the population of the state of wv.

mercer county itself if I recall maybe has a population of 60 some thousand