Shady 2 bluefield 1 Final

I dont know what to say guys there were several questionable calls on both sides the umps werent even from our conference so if its home cookin so be it, but never the less a tough game for any 1 to lose every kid left it on the field and thats all any of us can ask just from a fan aspect. But great year for the beavers!!

[ QUOTE ]

Shady must really suck...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had enough of your ass..u saying they suck because they beat us by only one run..just to let u know we had the game won when we scored to go up 2-1 on a sacrafice fly to center but the home plate ump says he tagged up early...lets just say he won't be umping another regional game for a while..if u watched the news you know what happened...if you didn't well then i'll tell u...we got cheated...and if u wanna say something about me just making excuses come say it to my face cuz im tired of people talking about things they have no clue about

[ QUOTE ]

I dont know what to say guys there were several questionable calls on both sides the umps werent even from our conference so if its home cookin so be it, but never the less a tough game for any 1 to lose every kid left it on the field and thats all any of us can ask just from a fan aspect. But great year for the beavers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect you for your sportsmanship and giving us respect...but name one call they made the wrong way for you all????

Im catcher and the umpire missed at least 5 or 6 cruicial strikes tonight when i was behind there

hey i didnt play im just a fan so im not gona get into the that i just think the crew couldv done a better job in general. Did shady get more breaks yes but was it home cookin no. But never the less it was a great game to watch it just sucks anyone lost.

[ QUOTE ]

hey i didnt play im just a fan so im not gona get into the that i just think the crew couldv done a better job in general. Did shady get more breaks yes but was it home cookin no. But never the less it was a great game to watch it just sucks anyone lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let's just say the umps should have let the kids decide the game. The call on the sac fly was horrible and anyone watching the game knows that.

Both teams played hard and the game should not have turned on such a questionable call. There is no way any Shady fan could feel good about how the game was handed to them.

The Beavers had the game won in regulation and all of the neutral observers (ie the media) knew that.

Good Luck to Shady in Charleston...hope they let you bring that crew from last night with you on the bus.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had enough of your ass..u saying they suck because they beat us by only one run..just to let u know we had the game won when we scored to go up 2-1 on a sacrafice fly to center but the home plate ump says he tagged up early...lets just say he won't be umping another regional game for a while..if u watched the news you know what happened...if you didn't well then i'll tell u...we got cheated...and if u wanna say something about me just making excuses come say it to my face cuz im tired of people talking about things they have no clue about

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

http://www.register-herald.com/highschoolsports/local_story_145000025.html

Shady Spring to make third straight trip to state tourney

By Randall Jett

Register-Herald Sports Writer

OAK HILL  To err is human.

Bluefield proved that axiom Wednesday night in the Class AA Region 3 championship. Shady Spring capitalized on seven Beaver errors and grabbed a 2-1 nine-inning victory in Oak Hill.

The win sends Shady Spring (16-14) back to the state baseball tournament for the third straight year.

The Tigers finally pushed the winning run across the plate in the top of the ninth. Shane Phillips reached on an error to start the inning and advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Brandon Redden. Phillips went to third on a Drew Walker groundout and then raced home on a pitch in the dirt with the deciding run.

“I thought we were going into the wee hours of the morning,†Shady coach Dave Shaw said.

The biggest play of the game though, came on a base-running error by the Beavers’ Seth Perry in the sixth inning. Bluefield (8-19) had just tied the game 1-1 on a Ryan Albert grounder that Shady shortstop Tyler Lucas fielded and tried to peg base runner Jeremy Keczan with at home.

Perry sat perched at third with one out, but left early on a long fly ball to Tigers’ left fielder Walker. Walker tossed the ball to third baseman Ian Johnson, who stepped on the bag for the third out.

“Actually, I think Coach Harmon saw it,†Shaw said. “He was the one that saw him tag and leave early. He saw him leave two steps early. I think (Bluefield) saw something different.

“That was big. Obviously, that was big. It just killed them, right there.â€ÂÂ

The Bluefield bench erupted but to no avail.

“I do believe we should have won,†Beavers coach David Hubbard said. “I’m honest about that. That call right there at home plate on that fly ball, it shouldn’t have been. It just wasn’t the right call. I’m sorry he made it, but he made a mistake. That cost us a trip to Charleston.â€ÂÂ

The Bluefield miscues cost Beavers pitcher Ryan Albert, who went the distance on the hill. Albert scattered four hits, walked just three and struck out seven and stranded 12 Shady baserunners.

“What more could you ask for?†Hubbard said. “What a horse. What a horse. He battled and battled, everybody did, and (Shady Spring) did too. They played a great game but I think we should be on the happy side right now.â€ÂÂ

On the other side of the pitching duel, Tyler Lucas and Brandon Redden combined on a five-hitter for the Tigers.

Redden accounted for the Shady’s first run in the fifth inning. After singling to center, Redden stole second and advanced to third on a grounder to second. Pitch-hitter Mark Palchesko then lifted a fly ball to left field that the Beavers’ outfielder muffed and Redden crossed the plate with the first run of the contest.

“The leftfielder dropped the ball and that was luck,†Shaw said. “It was all luck. They gave it to us.â€ÂÂ

 E-mail:

rjett@register-herald.com

Shady Spring 2, Bluefield 1

SS: 000 010 001  2 4 0

B: 000 001 000  1 5 7

SS: Tyler Lucas, Brandon Redden (6) and Jeremy Hall, B: Ryan Albert and Eric Poletti. WP  Redden. LP  Albert. Hitting  SS: Brandon Redden 1-5 (run, sb), Drew Walker (2b), Jerry Farrish 1-5, Hall 1-3, Shane Phillips (run), B: Poletti 2-3 (2b), Chance Cottrill 1-1, Albert 1-4 (rbi), Seth Perry 1-4, Jeremy Keczan (run).

Records: SS: 16-14, B: 8-19.

I like how the beckley sports writer said we commited seven errors...when it was 3

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

[/ QUOTE ]ROFL- Rolling On (the) Floor Laughing.

If you ask me, it's a lame rip-off of the notorious lol.

To express a threat against.

QUOTE]

I didnt see beaverbaseball threaten anyone. If he would have threatend somebody. It would have been like "Come say it to my face, because i'll mess you up and you'll be in a hospital for the next 3 days"

Thats a threat

ok assumption of a threat sorry....what do you think he would have done if he would have went and said something to his face...he would have tried to fight him guaranteed....assumption of a threat....happy?