Grundy vs Hurley

Rebs

Personally, I think it is a shame the series had to discontinue. Granted, Hurley couldn't even compete the last two or three games played, but last year would have been an interesting game to say the least. Both teams fortunes had seen a reversal, and both played similar against Haysi to the point that I think it would have been a decent content (the edge going to whether G. Marcum played or not).

A scrimmage this year would be a good idea. It would draw a decent crowd, but I have no idea how either team would do.

I think both teams are evenly matched. It is an old rival, close proximity between the two schools therefore it would bring in a huge crowd. Probably the biggest crowd the two schools would play for all season. I think the higher ups should seriously look into it. Just a thought...

[ QUOTE ]

well lance i highly dout that hurley well bet grundy u must be on some good stuff thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you're the one that's high on something my man or you need to go back to basic spelling class

Unless somebody here knows for definite what either team has in its summer programs (ie, returning starters, players who got PT, et al), nobody can for definite say a word. I've followed Hurley very closely the last 3 seasons and I have ABSOLUTELY no clue what they will have this coming year. I figure they will be more to the side of 4-6 to 6-4, as they were three and two years ago, because of the losses and how small the last two Freshmen classes were. As for Grundy, they lost the remains of a group that had 3 really great seasons and a downer last year. They've got to break in new people everywhere, much like Hurley. Simply based on past history, Grundy has the edge to me (they are more likely to reload as Hurley rebuilds for a great year every now and then).

i agree... both teams are in the process of re-buildin.. but, for the game.. i think it would be an awesome idea.. i hate that they ended it in the first place.. 2 hard-hittin teams that just go out and give it their all.. cant beat it.. i think it'd be great to play 'em.. any truth to this though?