Tazewell Pictures

BigD4VT

All i know is Tazewell better come prepared to play hard becuase tuckahoe is the real deal..i was on the jr. league team and anytime you play tuckahoe its a tough game

I've been pulling for both Tazewell and Tuckahoe. I lived in Richmond for 12+ years. I'll be pulling for Tazewell tomorrow although I'll be happy if either of them win it all. Whoever wins still has to play SYA West though.

I had read in one of the papers that "SYA" stands for Sports Youth Association, but the paper was wrong (imagine that). It actually stands for Southwestern Youth Association. Anyway, they're from Centreville.

Ok, it was Doug Doughty of the Roanoke Times who had it wrong.

"My son played for the Cave Spring team, a loser in the semifinals to eventual champion SYA (Sports Youth Association) of Centreville"

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I really wanted to come to Abingdon but I was sick. I waited to the last minute before deciding it just wasn't going to happen. It was the first game I missed in 4 years.