Cain Ringstaff/Groh Comments

easy56

The Charlottesvill Daily Progress had a nice article dated August 30, 2006, about Cain being the back up fullback as a walk on redshirt freshman. Coach Groh is complimentary of Cain and the Richlands program. Here are a few excerpts from the article.

For many Cavalier fans, the names Cain Ringstaff and Mike Robertson are mysteries. Don’t be shocked, however, if both play against the Panthers at Heinz Field.

Ringstaff, a redshirt freshman, is listed as the backup fullback, while Robertson, a junior, is listed second on the depth chart behind Kevin Ogletree at one of the two wide receiver slots.

Looking for a reason? Virginia coach Al Groh said it was “dependability,†which “is a skill as much as other circumstances.â€ÂÂ

“Cain Ringstaff had a great camp. He’s got toughness, good skills,†Groh said during his weekly press conference on Tuesday. “He’s a [uVa fullback Josh] Zidenberg-type of player with a Zidenberg-type of record.

“Josh had an excellent high school record of achievement. Cain also does at Richlands. He’s used to playing in big games and they have a good program down there. He’s a very dependable player.â€ÂÂ

It's good to see a local program and player get the attention.

Glad to see these comments. I'll be cheering him on the next 4 years whenever I drive up there for home games (not sure which games I'll see this year, but I can most definitely say I'll be at the Miami one in November).

Congrats Mr. Ringstaff.