My warning to those "Gamers" out there...

Bluefield_Rules

If you purchase an XBox 360 or the new PS3 when it's released make sure you get the extended warranty offered by whatever retailer you purchase from. I bought a 360 back in May (tomorrow would have made four months exactly) and tonight it bit the bullet. It refused to project a picture onto the T.V. and three flashing red lights on the front meant the end for it. The sad part is, I don't play mine as much as most people. I'll play two or three times a week for no more than an hour. If I hadn't had the warranty offered through Game Stop I would have had to pay to ship it back to Microsoft, paid to fix it, and paid for the labor of fixing it. In other words, it would have cost as much as a new system only not new, but refurbished with a chance it would screw up again. It’s pretty sad when you play $400+ plus for something and it breaks in four months.

I had a ps2 about 2 years ago. I got it right when it came out. After doing some research serial number and all, it was one of the first made. and one day it just quit working

So i've become an xbox gamer. I plan on getting a 360 for christmas...

KMart offers a years warranty for cheap. They'll replace it. We had a lady that came in the other day with one and she said it just quit working. And she got a brand new one

I havent had any probplems with my xbox though. i play halo 2 online i say about 10-12 hours a week and no propblems. So thats pretty good

My neighbor is on his 3rd Xbox in the last 4 years and his PS2 broke down once a couple years ago. While both my systems have never given me a single problem. Really strange. My advise would be when you buy a new system, buy it from Wal*Mart and save the receipt and the box. Every time my neighbor's XBox messed up (hard drive crashed once and the 2nd time he never put on the new power cord Microsoft sent him after that recall and a power surge fried the console),Wal*Mart exchanged it for him. Wal*Mart will take just about anything back if you have the receipt.

I currently own an xbox 360 and it has worked perfectly since I purchased it. It has ran Oblivion and Dead Rising for hours on end, and hasn't messed up. Of course maybe that $20 investment in a Pelican intercooler was a wise choice. Is your 360 pushing out audio w/o video?? Because if both are not being provided it may be a connection problem w/ the cord or simply the cord has malfunctioned.

i believe there is some very good info in the "take a plunge" thread about the 360.... i actually work at best buy and sell those replacement plans like none other, and now i actually work at customer service, so i see them when they are returned... and whoever made this post (sorry dont remember already lol) was totally right in saying you need to buy whatever replacement plan/extra warranty that is offered.... The actual manufacturer's warranty on the Xbox 360 is only 90 DAYS- so basically after 90 days, there is NOTHING anyone can or will do for you, you are on your own... tough but true.

[ QUOTE ]

I currently own an xbox 360 and it has worked perfectly since I purchased it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine had worked perfectly with no problems since it was purchased back in May. And then the other night it wouldn't come on. There were no warning signs, it just quit working. It never overheated like has been reported happening with others, nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

Is your 360 pushing out audio w/o video??

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It wouldn't produce video or audio. The only thing that would happen is that three of the four lights on the front around the power button would flash red. I called Game Spot and the guy I talked with said that meant there was a fatal internal error in the system itself and it was "fried."

• 2 weeks later...

hey rules, i was recently looking at some info on the little booklet they provide inside of the Ncaa game. and it says on some projection tv's or whatever that it will cause your system to be messed up

Look inside your booklet of whatever game you have and you'll find it, that could be your probplem

anytime you have red lights on the front of those, they are toast.... and the best part- the manufacturer warranty is only 90 days...so if it dies after 90 days, unless you have an extended warranty/replacement plan, you are out $400 for a 360... just today i returned 2 of them...and we also found that we had a bad batch of 360's on the floor, so those are all going back to microsoft lol.... some of the main problems that 360s come back for are no disk errors, bad hard disks (sometimes "E 65"), and one today kept ejecting the disk tray... but they aren't a bad system, just can't really be totally guaranteed... and also, im a little tainted since i deal with the broken ones all of the time lol