James Monroe 19 Wyoming East 14 (FINAL)

gomavs

James Monroe 19 Wyoming East 14 (FINAL)

Someone who went to this game will have to provide more detail, but from the radio broadcast, it sounded like a good one. Wyoming East led first, then James Monroe, then Wyoming East, and then James Monroe. Fortunately, time ran out with James Monroe ahead. Next week, Liberty Raleigh.

Good hard faught game by both teams. East throw a bomb for a TD on their opening play of the game. After JM dominated the first half. The second half momentumn went back and forth. We had a couple of bad calls that stalled some drives. For example, we had a holding penalty on a play when we were punting and they didn't even return the ball. That didn't stall a drive but that was just an example. We also made some mistakes as well like stupid delay of game penalties. Both teams faught hard and are good ball teams. We need to play better if we are going to beat Mt. View and Bluefield but a win is a win. Look for the Mavs to move up in the poles this week. As a side note, east's fans, mostly the young people, were some of the biggest jerks i have ever seen.

[ QUOTE ]

As a side note, east's fans, mostly the young people, were some of the biggest jerks i have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that! Hey the good news is that stupid kid with the #19 jersey got it stolen by someone from our kids, and I don't think he got it back. His dad came over and raised cain, to little avail, like father like son. Some kid'll have fun explaining to the coach why they don't have a uniform, and it serves him right. I know this sounds childish to people reading it, but if you were at the game, you understand exactly what we're talking about.

As for the game, we've got some work to do. This could've been over before the 3rd quarter if not for some major breakdowns on both sides of the ball, and from the coaching staff. 3 plays especially come to mind: 1. the bomb for a touchdown, when your late getting out there to cover the man, and then get caught looking in the backfield, that's what happens. 2. our interception, bad play call with the x-crossing routs, and bad decision throwing into double coverage. 3. and finally, can anyone explain to me why on 3rd & 2 you run Taylor wide instead of powering Jackson or Zach inside when you know they can't stop that on 2 plays. Our defensive game plan was pretty bad too. It looked like Teddy Ballard was just guessing on how to stop the run at times, especially in the 3rd quarter on the long scoring drive.

You're right though a win is a win, even is it's 2 ugly wins in a row. 6 down, 8 to go. Next week, Liberty-Raleigh.

James Monroe should move into first place with a 10.2 followed by Scott with 10.16. I hope someone from James Monroe took the sign home with them you know the one on the sidelines that said"James Monroe Who?" along with the jersey of that smart a** punk.

Anyway that finaly ties up the the games won by both of these teams at 3 each.

We made the game harder then it had to be with all those holding calls while were moving down the field very easily only to shoot are self in the foot.The coach I thought made a couple of really bad play calls and put us in a bad situation.I don't want to take anything away from Wyoming East cause they have a pretty solid football team. By far the best team we have played yet! It gets real tough here real soon.So just take 1 at a time and see what happens.

i like the picture of us sacking their QB, that is a nice shot. oh, does anyone know who it was that lit up number 34 just before half. 34 got rocked, it was a nice hit. and yeah the sign on the fence says it all about east's fans. respect to the players of east, some of your fans need to grow up.