Bland vs Narrows

swva53

Bland County reaches milestone

Staff reports

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BASTIAN, Va.  The Bears achieved a milestone Friday. For the first time in school history, Bland County is 6-1, having stopped Narrows 26-6 in a Mountain Empire District tilt.

Bland County (6-0, 2-1) remains in a tie for the top of the MED, and will travel next Friday to Galax.

Tyler Pennington led the Bears with 162 yards rushing and another 44 through the air. Thomas Willis caught a pair of 17-yard scoring passes to give the Bears a 12-0 lead over Narrows.

Brandon Bailey added a fumble recovery for a touchdown and Korey Kennedy  one of three triplets on the Bland County team  had an eight-yard scoring run.

Narrows (2-5, 0-2) was led by Brett Buracker with 142 yards passing, including a 43 fourth quarter scoring pass to Casey Thorne.

It wasnt his head that he hurt. The play he got hurt on was a jump ball and there were about 4 guys going up for it willis was hit after he grabed it and on the way down landed on the top of the pile of people #10s leg was under the pile. thats what it looked like to me. He seemed like he was in a a lot of pain. i hope he is alright

i think that the pocy narrows game should be close. if the QB for narrows is still out it will hurt them extreamly, that could could sell the option so well. I think its a toss up. narrows pass coverage isnt the best. but pocys rush D isnt so hot eithers should be a good game.

Our 1st string back is averaging around 5 yards a carry from the stats I saw....I don't understand why the coaches don't keep going to him until the D stops it. Should be a good night for all involved though. Indians, have a safe trip down & hope for an injury free game! Good luck!